Firewall failed, had to reinstall OneCare, Now PC shows up twice in Onecare Circle RRS feed

• Question

• My firewall turned off and I couldn't turn it back on. I reinstalled OneCare using the cleanup tool and then a fresh install. Now my PC shows up twice: one in good status with firewall working, the other shows OneCare Circle "At Risk" and is completely frozen out to access except for "Remove this PC" option. Problem is it won't let me remove the duplicate PC and the system tray icon is showing red because of the duplicate PC "Urgent: Turn on Firewall" message. How do I remove the duplicate PC from my OneCare Circle? When I try to remove it, I get a mesaage stating: "An error is preventing Onecare from performing this action.  Please restart your computer and try again. If the problem still occurs, contact the Help Center."

Monday, March 10, 2008 7:24 AM

Answers

All replies

• I believe you need to have an active Internet connection to remove a PC from the hub. If you are connected and it still fails, then please contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Monday, March 10, 2008 2:09 PM
  • My internet connection is active, but I still cannot remove the PC showing alert status.

Monday, March 10, 2008 4:30 PM
  • I don't know why that would be, but I've seen it reported before. Support is the way to go, then. Please let us know what fixes it!

-steve

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 1:52 AM