CRM Web Api RetrieveDuplicates Function

Question

• I am trying to execute the RetrieveDuplicates function but it is not working.

I can't find any sample for URL.

CRm URL /api/data/v8.2/contacts(23ABFED6-AAE9-E611-80F3-C4346BACEBCC)/Microsoft.Dynamics.CRM.RetrieveDuplicates(BusinessEntity=@tid,MatchingEntityName=@matchentity,PagingInfo=@pageinfo)?@tid={'@odata.id':'contacts(23ABFED6-AAE9-E611-80F3-C4346BACEBCC)'}&@matchentity={'@odata.type':'Microsoft.Dynamics.CRM.contact'}&@pageinfo={'odata.Count':1000,'odata.PageNumber':1,'odata.PagingCookie':'','odata.ReturnTotalRecordCount':true}

DId anyone find proper documentation for parameters? It doesn't even say if parameters are required or not.

Saturday, February 4, 2017 10:32 PM

All replies

• It doesn't work i agree and no documentation with example code.

NO examples using directly URL e NO examples using XMLHttpRequest()

• Edited by IUBI70 Friday, March 3, 2017 10:46 AM
    Friday, March 3, 2017 10:44 AM
  • Hello guys,

It could be a bit late for an answer but here is the url that can be used to obtain duplicates for a record:

[Org Url]/api/data/v8.2/RetrieveDuplicates(BusinessEntity=@p1,MatchingEntityName=@p2,PagingInfo=@p3)?@p2='contact'&@p1={'@odata.id':'contacts(7F485707-3FFA-E611-8108-3863BB34FA70)'}&@p3={'PageNumber':1,'Count':10}

All credits go to "The Magician of WebApi" Urgen Postelmans.

Dynamics CRM MVP
    Read My blog
    Subscribe for one of my courses

Monday, March 27, 2017 3:52 PM
  • I don't understand the point of the function to Retrieve Duplicates...it appears to require the contact's id that you want to run a duplicate check on, isn't this what the existing duplicate detection built into CRM will do...with the exception that the CRM duplicate detection will actually perform the check prior to the save operation on a create form (but still not until after the user has spent time entering the form completely)?  Would be nice if the platform had a function to simply pass a serialized version of an entity and it would run a dup check against that.

Scott

Wednesday, April 12, 2017 10:44 PM
  • I don't understand neither.

Dynamics CRM MVP
    Read My blog
    Subscribe for one of my courses

Wednesday, April 12, 2017 10:58 PM
  • Tuesday, November 14, 2017 6:01 PM
  • I believe that was in previous version as well but it doesn't answer initial question. Sorry for that.

Dynamics CRM/Business Solutions MVP
    Read My blog

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 7:38 PM