Wizard question? RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hey all... two part question... I'll name the SQL server db and the SQLCE DB clientdb 

What is the fastest way to create a SQL Compact Edition db from an existing SQL Server Database?

and

Can I sync only the tables of this clientdb.sdf with the server? 

No tombstone tables for this example just a straight table sync. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

BillB

• Moved by Max Wang_1983 Friday, April 22, 2011 11:19 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Monday, February 19, 2007 8:02 PM

Answers

• SQL CE does not support bulk copy (BCP) thus you are left with doing it manually (inserting row by row) or using sync. If you chose to use sync services, you can use the configure each table with snapshot direction on the agent. On the server side, your table sync adapter need to have the SelectIncrementalInsertsCommand only (i.e. Select * from foo). That's all you need to do. Sync will take care of schema creation for you.

Another way to do this is to use other sync solutions like RDA (native code) or SQL Merge Replication. 

Tuesday, February 20, 2007 3:46 AM

All replies

• SQL CE does not support bulk copy (BCP) thus you are left with doing it manually (inserting row by row) or using sync. If you chose to use sync services, you can use the configure each table with snapshot direction on the agent. On the server side, your table sync adapter need to have the SelectIncrementalInsertsCommand only (i.e. Select * from foo). That's all you need to do. Sync will take care of schema creation for you.

Another way to do this is to use other sync solutions like RDA (native code) or SQL Merge Replication. 

Tuesday, February 20, 2007 3:46 AM
  •  

Rafik, was hoping to find a shortcut to this process... I'll look into RDA but guess it's time to start typing... :)

Thanks Rafik!

Tuesday, February 20, 2007 3:57 AM