none
Does anyone else see anything wrong with this chosen answer? RRS feed

Answers

• In theory, it can be just an honest mistake. The moderator marks answers quickly and marks wrong answer (or answer that looks like it may be an answer) as an answer. The OP or another moderator can correct this mistake. I've sent this thread to be corrected to the moderator I know.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 1:36 PM
  • Jeff,

Yes, I have unmarked that post.

Thanks,
    Eileen

• Marked as answer by Mr. Wharty Wednesday, March 14, 2012 2:34 AM
    Wednesday, March 14, 2012 2:34 AM
  • Okay. I reached out to the Moderator. I'll update you later.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

• Marked as answer by Mr. Wharty Wednesday, March 14, 2012 2:07 AM
    Wednesday, March 14, 2012 12:13 AM
    Owner
  • Jeff,

Sorry. I understand that you have posted an article that is related to Interactive Sorting in that thread. I fully appreciate that.

However, as we do not know where "Unregistered Version" in the screenshot comes from, I suspect that the properties is not belonging to a legal copy of SQL Server. If that is the case,  the question is not supported.

Thanks for your time.

Eileen

• Edited by Eileen Zhao Wednesday, March 14, 2012 2:00 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mr. Wharty Wednesday, March 14, 2012 2:06 AM
    Wednesday, March 14, 2012 1:55 AM

All replies

• Jeff,

this sometimes happens ( as you know yourself ), but this is really wrong, as i guess that "unregistered version" belongs to the screenshoot tool and doesn`t belong to MSSQL Server.

Hannes

If you have got questions about this, just ask.

In a perfect world,
    users would never enter data in the wrong form,
    files they choose to open would always exist
    and code would never have bugs.

C# to VB.NET: http://www.developerfusion.com/tools/convert/csharp-to-vb/

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 6:56 AM
  • I'm not concerned about the words "unregistered version". What I'm concerned about is the reply marked as the answer.  That reply clearly isn't the answer.

The OP asked how to do interactive sorting and the reply marked as the answer makes no attempt to answer the question, instead it talks about the text "unregistered version".  How did the moderator come to the conclusion to mark that reply as an answer.

I don’t care about missing out on a couple of points but I do care about wrong replies being marked as the answer.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

• Edited by Mr. Wharty Thursday, March 15, 2012 12:23 AM
    Tuesday, March 13, 2012 7:20 AM
  • This is a clear case of a moderator with a questionable habit of marking a thread answered after a week if the OP hasn't done so himself regardless of whether the thread has been answered or not. This no doubt happens several (tens, hundreds of?) times a day on the forums.

Usually when people come to the Forums Issues forum reporting this kind of activity, they are instructed to contact the culprit themselves.

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 10:43 AM
  • Usually when people come to the Forums Issues forum reporting this kind of activity, they are instructed to contact the culprit themselves.

Would do that however there's no way to contact them directly :-)

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 10:45 AM
  • Would do that however there's no way to contact them directly :-)

Yes, I'm aware of that. I guess they want you to create a new thread or reply to the thread in question and hope that it catches the attention of the person you want to.

...I never thought it was very good advice.

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 10:58 AM
  • In theory, it can be just an honest mistake. The moderator marks answers quickly and marks wrong answer (or answer that looks like it may be an answer) as an answer. The OP or another moderator can correct this mistake. I've sent this thread to be corrected to the moderator I know.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 1:36 PM
  • Hello Jeff,

Thank you for presenting me as a bad example (including sceenshot to archive it for a lifetime). ;-)

I also agree with you, my reply isn't "the answer" for that post; but also I can't change this

Olaf Helper
    * cogito ergo sum * errare humanum est * quote erat demonstrandum *
    Wenn ich denke, ist das ein Fehler und das beweise ich täglich
    Blog Xing

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 1:57 PM
  • Hello Jeff,

Thank you for presenting me as a bad example (including sceenshot to archive it for a lifetime). ;-)

I also agree with you, my reply isn't "the answer" for that post; but also I can't change this

Olaf Helper
    Blog Xing

Wasn't using you as a bad example.  Sorry if I've offended you as that wasn't my intention.

Jeff Wharton

• Edited by Mr. Wharty Thursday, March 15, 2012 12:24 AM
    Tuesday, March 13, 2012 10:02 PM
  • Okay. I reached out to the Moderator. I'll update you later.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

• Marked as answer by Mr. Wharty Wednesday, March 14, 2012 2:07 AM
    Wednesday, March 14, 2012 12:13 AM
    Owner
  • Jeff,

Sorry. I understand that you have posted an article that is related to Interactive Sorting in that thread. I fully appreciate that.

However, as we do not know where "Unregistered Version" in the screenshot comes from, I suspect that the properties is not belonging to a legal copy of SQL Server. If that is the case,  the question is not supported.

Thanks for your time.

Eileen

• Edited by Eileen Zhao Wednesday, March 14, 2012 2:00 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mr. Wharty Wednesday, March 14, 2012 2:06 AM
    Wednesday, March 14, 2012 1:55 AM
  • Jeff,

Thanks for your time.

Even if the message did relate to SSRS, the reply you marked as the answer is not correct as the reply does not provide any information regarding interactive sorting.  The question should therefore remain unanswered.

Couldl you plaase unmark the reply you marked as the answer so that the OP can get a more accurate reply.

Jeff Wharton

• Edited by Mr. Wharty Thursday, March 15, 2012 12:22 AM
    Wednesday, March 14, 2012 2:01 AM
  • Jeff,

Thanks,
    Eileen

• Marked as answer by Mr. Wharty Wednesday, March 14, 2012 2:34 AM
    Wednesday, March 14, 2012 2:34 AM
  • Sorry if I've offended you as that wasn't my intention.

I know, I was just a little bit kidding, because it was funny to see my face within a post; please don't take me to serious ;-)

Olaf Helper
    Blog Xing

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 3:55 AM
  • Sorry if I've offended you as that wasn't my intention.

I know, I was just a little bit kidding, because it was funny to see my face within a post; please don't take me to serious ;-)

Olaf Helper
    Blog Xing

lol. I will upload a new one with a drawn on moustache to hide your identity :-)

Jeff Wharton

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 8:02 AM
  • Jeff,

Thanks for your time.

Eileen

Thanks Eileen!

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 4:58 PM
    Owner
  • Jeff,

Thanks,
    Eileen

Thanks Eileen

Jeff Wharton

Thursday, March 15, 2012 12:21 AM