none
Pasword Change: Money vs. Live MSN RRS feed

• Question

• With the closure of Money, I cannot change my LIVE MSN password - If I do the new password will not allow me access to Money.  I've tried changing Money password but it still wants to be linked to the old Live MSN password.  Any solutions of suggestions?
    Wednesday, July 27, 2011 3:22 PM

All replies

• Disconnect from the internet, open Money, open your money file, then choose to remove the passport from your money file. That wil remove the link.
    Wednesday, July 27, 2011 3:27 PM
  • Jim, thanks for the reply.  I have accomplished this, however when I do want to download from my bank that still supports Money, the transactions are not downloaded into my accounts.  Money indicates the import is complete, but only the balance is updated - individual transactions are not posted.  I have tried to restore my Live ID password, but still can't get the individual transaction to appear.  When I do logon to Money it does not give me an option to link to online services as it did in the past.  I have tried to find a manual way to import transactions to no avail.  I have used Money for years but this situation has never happend.  Any suggestions?  Dan

Monday, August 1, 2011 5:04 PM
  • This download that only gets balances, is that via web browser? If so, you could consider selecting their Quicken download, and save to disk. Then File->Import->ImportStatement. If that works for statements, then there is a way to make Money take up those files directly when you bring them in from the browser.

If you name the bank, others might have experience to share.

It may be that Quicken would offer the features you want. They have a nice converter from Microsoft Money Plus (including Sunset) and Money 2007.

Monday, August 1, 2011 7:23 PM
  • Jim & Cal,

I have to appologize!  With my distress in not seeing any of the transaction appear in my Money file, I totally forgot that the transactions I viewed were in the "pending" file and would not be available until Tues morning after the bank did their update.  All is working correctly.  And Cal, your work-a-round would have worked as well.  Last year I did get a copy of Quicken just in case and have been downloading to that program as well.  But I prefer the comfortablility of Money - guess you can't teach old dogs new tricks!

Thaks, Dan

Tuesday, August 2, 2011 4:39 PM