Installing CRM 3.0 Error "Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.GrantDatabaseAccessAction failed" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to install CRM 3.0 with following specification:

Windows Server 2003,

SQL Server 2005 Standard,

After installing SQL, when I am trying to install CRM, in the middle of installation i am getting error 

When I opened the tracer it shows,

Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.GrantDatabaseAccessAction failed. Cannot find the object 'fn_LocalTimeToUTC', because it does not exist or you do not have permission. Cannot find the object 'fn_UTCToLocalTime', because it does not exist or you do not have permission. Cannot find the object 'fn_RptBracket', because it does not exist or you do not have permission. Cannot find the object 'fn_GetFormatStrings', because it does not exist or you do not have permission. Cannot find the object 'fn_FindUserGuid', because it does not exist or you do not have permission. Cannot find the object 'fn_FindBusinessGuid', because it does not exist or you do not have permission.

I've checked in CRM 4.0 org databases, these are the tables , in 'Table-valued Function'/'Scalar-valued Functions' under 'Programmability' folder under "Org-name_MSCRM" database. These tabled need to be created by CRM, but it says object not find, so at this point I think that this might be an issue with CRM Server setup file.

I am not sure if this is a SQL Server problem, then I able to log on to SQL Server

or this problem might be improper "CRM Server" file, Any suggestions?

CRM 3.0 Server file is not available in Microsoft website, so I've downloaded through partner source, If anybody can give me a link of CRM 3.0 Server setup would be helpful

Thankyou,

Friday, April 17, 2015 2:25 AM

All replies

• Why do you need to install CRM 3.0?
    Tuesday, April 21, 2015 9:59 PM
  • Hi Feridun Kadir,

One of our client is using CRM 3.0 so he wanted couple of changes, so we needed a dev environment to Develop the changes

Thursday, April 23, 2015 9:12 AM
  • OK, thanks. I'm sorry I can't help with the error message.

I did look in MSDN and CRM 3.0 is still there - try that if you have a subscription.

Thursday, April 23, 2015 10:29 AM
  • Is the account your installing CRM with a local admin on the SQL server?  This could be slightly different permissions required to just log into SQL.

I would also look to see if any tables for CRM are being created at all.  If they are, then the permissions should be ok.  You could also try manually creating a table to test permissions in SQL.

I'm also wondering if there is an issue with the SQL server not being properly joined to the domain.  I have seen install issues in CRM 4.0 resolved by removing the SQL server from the domain and re-joining it again.

Jason Peterson

Thursday, April 23, 2015 6:20 PM