How to add User defined global variables / cache data RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

Would like to know if there are any workarounds / undocumented features of defining some user defined global variable in MS CRM 4.0 so that they are available on any form.  The data can be related to retrieve user specific data like role, team etc. Currently, we need to code this on each form in the OnLoad() javascript.

Would like to know if there are any other ways to hold this information and easily accessible from the client side?

Thanks in Advance.....

Thanks and Regards

Prasad

Monday, December 15, 2008 6:58 AM

Answers

• Hi Prasad,

I will recommend you to create a new file for your global JScript code and then add it dynamically in your forms as explained in following post;

http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/topic.aspx?id=JS18

The other option is to directly edit the CRM JScript files to add your code. This is unsupported.

Monday, December 15, 2008 8:01 AM

All replies

• Hi Prasad,

I will recommend you to create a new file for your global JScript code and then add it dynamically in your forms as explained in following post;

http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/topic.aspx?id=JS18

The other option is to directly edit the CRM JScript files to add your code. This is unsupported.

Monday, December 15, 2008 8:01 AM
  • Hello uMar,

Thanks for the link. This will surely help.

But I also want some way of declaring a global variable that can be accessed from all the CRM forms. for e.g. a global variable similar to one provided by MS CRM 4.0 ("SERVER_URL"). The variable can be used to store the user role. Would like to execute the fetchxml to retrieve the User information when loading the default page of MS CRM 4.0

Thanks and Regards

Prasad

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 5:04 AM