Jobs stuck in configuring state RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using microsoft APIs (Microsoft.Hpc.Scheduler ) to submit jobs to HPC job scheduler. Our application is installed on 2 separate clusters. Both clusters are on different networks and different domains. Things are working well on one cluster, but on the other cluster the jobs submitted by our application get stuck in "Configuring" state.

If I right click on the job which is in "Configuring" state (in the HPC cluster manager) and click submit job, it gets submitted but my application keeps waiting for a response.

Any ideas what might be causing this behavior? Is it something related to permissions?  

Thanks!
    Prashant
    Tuesday, August 18, 2009 1:37 AM

Answers

• It was my fault actually....the password while submitting the job was being parsed the wrong way...hence the job was stuck in configuring state...
    Tuesday, September 1, 2009 9:14 PM

All replies

• Have you installed HPC Pack SP1 on your head node?

This can be due to credential issues; make sure you have up-to-date working credentials on your job.  You can do this by running "job modify /user:<username>"

Thanks,
    Josh

-Josh
    Tuesday, August 18, 2009 5:55 PM
  • Thanks for the reply Josh!

I have "2.1.1703.0" installed on the cluster. The HPC SP1 link seems to be broken (Top Picks section on the right of the page http://www.microsoft.com/hpc/en/us/default.aspx)

yeah...I already tried job modify with my username/password...but it still doesn't go through...the username and password is already set to the correct value. 

Any other suggestions related to credentials? I think credentials are working fine because of the fact that when I right click on the job and click Submit, it asks me for username/password and submits the job. 

Prashant
    Wednesday, August 19, 2009 3:20 AM
  • Can you post the code snippet?

-Josh
    Tuesday, August 25, 2009 11:47 PM
  • It was my fault actually....the password while submitting the job was being parsed the wrong way...hence the job was stuck in configuring state...
    Tuesday, September 1, 2009 9:14 PM
  • Just for others to reference, I had the same issue after starting an Abaqus job via the command line. The solution for us was that my users didn't realize that the command prompt was waiting for a password to be entered. After entering their password properly, the job submitted just fine. If the password was submitted improperly the job would fail. Therefore it leads me to believe that every time a job is stuck on configuring, it's awaiting some type of authentication. I hope this helps!
    Thursday, January 6, 2011 6:58 PM