SSRS Report - Hyperlink to All records for an entity RRS feed

• Question

• There are ways to use hyperlinks within SSRS to jump to individual records in CRM. Is it possible to hyperlink to an entity in CRM to show all records or to jump to the default view as if the user had clicked that entity on the left navigation ?

If so, what would the URL format be?

Thanks

Robert

Monday, January 13, 2014 5:30 PM

All replies

• Have not tried doing it but it should be possible to navigate to a view using a link in a report. You can get the details of the URL format from here.

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

• Proposed as answer by Mamatha Swamy Monday, January 13, 2014 6:41 PM
    Monday, January 13, 2014 6:40 PM
  • Seems like you can get the URL for the view by accessing the view and then choosing the 'copy shortcut' and use that link as the URL in the report.  There is a viewID in the link. Was kind of surprised that the view had the same ID regardless of what environment I tried.  I was expecting to need to get the ID dynamically in the report somehow to build the URL.

Robert

Monday, January 13, 2014 7:23 PM
  • That could be because view definitions are part of metadata..

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

Monday, January 13, 2014 7:33 PM
  • That could be because view definitions are part of metadata..

Monday, January 13, 2014 7:33 PM
  • Needs the objectTypeID and ViewID which can be retrieved from the DB. Able to create datasets and store these values as parameters. However when tyring to run the report in CRM it has trouble executing the dataset to get the objectTypeID (rsprocessingAborted).  Running the query in VS in the report it works fine.

strange

Robert

Monday, January 13, 2014 8:50 PM