Random restarts, possible hardware problem? RRS feed

• Question

• In researching this problem I was unable to find anything specific to WHS but the references I did find seemed to be with a hardware/driver issue. As far as I can tell all my drivers are up to date but seeing as this is a new build I might have some hardware that is not playing nice together. How do I go about trying to figure out what isn't working right? This is the error signature from the serious error.

BCCode : a     BCP1 : 00000010     BCP2 : D0000002     BCP3 : 00000001    
    BCP4 : 80859054     OSVer : 5_2_3790     SP : 2_0     Product : 33073_3   
    Thursday, September 10, 2009 7:24 PM

Answers

• Looks like bad RAM was probably the problem although the MOBO and HHD also had issues. All the above were replaced under warranty and no more issues. Thanks
    • Marked as answer by Mouseskowitz Wednesday, October 14, 2009 6:39 PM
    Wednesday, October 14, 2009 6:39 PM

All replies

• At a minimum, we will need to know what the STOP error was.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Thursday, September 10, 2009 9:22 PM
  • What exactly do you mean by stop error? It tells me that there has been a serious error but I have not been able to find anything more specific than the info I've already posted.
    Thursday, September 10, 2009 9:28 PM
  • Nevermind. It's all there. (Long, busy day...) The error code is 0x0000000A, the error text is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. given that your server is a homebrew, connect a monitor, keyboard, and mouse, then boot your server and log in directly. 
    • Right click My computer.
    • Select Properties
    • Select the Advanced tab.
    • Click the Settings button under Startup and Recovery.
    • Remove the check next to Automatically restart.
    Your server will now throw a "Blue Screen of Death" and sit, the next time this happens. If/when it does, there is some more information on that screen, including (usually) information about what driver or other module generated the error.

Your error is probably related to a driver. In theory, you can identify the driver (the BCP4 parameter will let you do so), but in practice it's likely to be very tough to actually pin it down. If you recently added hardware, it's more likely the driver for that hardware. If it's a completely new build, there's also a chance you've got a bad stick of RAM, or another hardware issue.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Thursday, September 10, 2009 10:07 PM
  • Looks like bad RAM was probably the problem although the MOBO and HHD also had issues. All the above were replaced under warranty and no more issues. Thanks
    • Marked as answer by Mouseskowitz Wednesday, October 14, 2009 6:39 PM
    Wednesday, October 14, 2009 6:39 PM
  • Hi, I get this error:

CCode : 77     BCP1 : 00000001     BCP2 : 00000000     BCP3 : 00000000      BCP4 : AECD1C60     OSVer : 5_2_3790     SP : 2_0     Product : 33073_3

I have not been able to figure out what is causing it. The random reboots have increased in frequency in the last 3 weeks. I have done chkdsk's on boot on the drive and everything reports back good.

I have one of the HP HomeServer's so I can not plug in a monitor to catch the STOP code. What can I do to help resolve the issue?

Monday, January 2, 2012 6:16 PM