none
Slow or NO Responsiveness, Threads don't Expand... RRS feed

• Question

• At least today, the TOP 5 threads properly expand, but from six on down, no reaction to clicking on the Preview button.

Very 'sluggish' response times in general. At some moments, it seems like the site is not functioning...

Open a completely 'new' IE7 window and all seems OK.

Could this be a local 'resouce' related issue?

You may be only one person in the world, but you may also be the world to one person.
    Tuesday, March 25, 2008 10:55 PM

Answers

All replies

• Definitely seems related to IE7 somehow. Open a new IE7 window and all functions seem fine.
    Open a new tab in the previous IE7 window, and use the same url, does not respond. Times out without page.

Yucko!
    You may be only one person in the world, but you may also be the world to one person.
    Tuesday, March 25, 2008 10:58 PM
  • Open other tabs to other sites in the 'non-responsive' IE7 Window, and they work as expected to other sites, including: Code.MSDN.Microsoft.com and Forums.Microsoft.com/Forums.

Non-responsiveness seems to be very specifiy to this site.

And, as previously indicated, NEW IE7 windows are responsive.

Something smells here...
    Tuesday, March 25, 2008 11:01 PM
  • This may be related to the previously reported tendency of IE to 'Freeze' when left open to these Forums for extended periods of time.

I haven't seen IE7 'freeze' lately, but I most certainly have experienced this manifestation of 'trouble'.

Again, I have attempted to use an existing tab in an IE7 Window that has been open to these forums for a couple of days. That 'tab' (or any other tabs) in that IE7 Window are completely non-responsive ONLY to these Forums. (Other sites open and work as expected.)

Upon opening a NEW IE7 Windows, full access to these forums is as expected.

Something really stinks there...
    Wednesday, March 26, 2008 4:35 PM
  • Hi Arnie, are you still seeing this? I've been using IE7 for a while, and am trying the things you mention and am not getting this behavior. Anymore detail you can provide on the repro steps would be great. Sounds terrible.
    Andrew Brenner, Forums Product Planner
    Thursday, March 27, 2008 6:39 PM
  • Hi Arnie-

Just checking back to see if you continued to experience issues since these posts?

Thanks-
    Alicia
    Program Manager, Sustained Engineering Team
    Saturday, April 5, 2008 8:22 PM
  • This appears to be fixed (by various updates over four years).

Ed Price a.k.a User Ed, Microsoft Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 8:20 PM
    Owner