Confused on How to get started.. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello to everyone,

I'm confused about how certifications work and I need guidance. Let me put it briefly..

All I want to be at end is a software developer. Currently I am doing my Masters, 'Master of Computer Applications [MCA]' which is in fact has good demand and weight to get into the industry. However, I need something more. I do not have anything related to .NET or SQL server etc in my syllabus. To learn more about these technologies and prove my expertise I believe Microsoft certifications are way to go.

Now what I want to achieve is a certification that will help me to be recognized as a vb.net or c#.net developer. yea, platform really doesnt matter, I'm good with vb.net and I've worked few times with c#.net and actually, since c# is in demand, I think I should go for c#. This isnt a confusion really.

I checked MCSD which is different than my needs. Its about Analysis to Design..
    I checked MCAD which is good or rather which was good but now most of its requirement exams are retired.

Remaining is MCPD. Its requirement says:

MCTS Prerequisite: TS: Microsoft .NET Framework – Application Development Foundation- Exam 70-536
    MCTS Prerequisite: TS: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 – Windows Forms Application Development- Exam 70-505
    MCPD Requirement: PRO: Designing and Developing Windows Applications Using the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5- Exam 70-563

Now here's whats confusing me.

In either of these three, there is no mention of platform. As in c# or vb.net.. or I didnt get it. Could you explain about this ?

[I did check individual exams and I know there's nothing like I'm thinking but] I'm again confused if these 3 exams have more exams as pre-requisites ?

Also, from what I had heard about certifications, it was like pass core exams and then appear for the BIG exam which will give you the certification. Does this hold truth value ? Or is it like I'll get MCPD designation automatically after passing these 3 exams [in any order] ?

am I clear about what I said above ? I hope you get my confusion.

Thanks
    Thanks

My BlogMy FacebookYOUR Place to have fun time ! Awesome RPG Action Game
    Friday, December 11, 2009 7:43 AM

Answers

• I have got no exact answer for you except that you are doing a good job. I have MA in Computers Engineering and I have discovered that it is not sufficient. Now I am preparing to my SCJP certificate (a java programming certificate) and I am going to do some other certificates.

Regards,
    Alice
    tennis odds | basketball odds
    • Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Sunday, January 10, 2010 4:42 PM
    Friday, December 11, 2009 10:06 AM