none
Microsoft Money Plus Invoice Designer RRS feed

• Question

• I recently did a repair install of windows XP and although everything seems to be working perfectly my invoices are all messed up. Not just the ones that i created but all of the existing invoices that come with the program are changed around so that the body of the invoice is at the top and all of the address and company info is below it, all on one side of the page. This wouldn't be a big problem accept that i can't properly edit anything. I can move a few things around but i don't have any of the control you're supposed to over how the invoice looks. The biggest problem is that even when i try to generate an invoice with the templates stuck as they are most of the information is cut off at the end of the page.

Is there some way to repair this?

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 8:34 PM

Answers

• I recently did a repair install of windows XP and although everything seems to be working perfectly my invoices are all messed up. Not just the ones that i created but all of the existing invoices that come with the program are changed around so that the body of the invoice is at the top and all of the address and company info is below it, all on one side of the page. This wouldn't be a big problem accept that i can't properly edit anything. I can move a few things around but i don't have any of the control you're supposed to over how the invoice looks. The biggest problem is that even when i try to generate an invoice with the templates stuck as they are most of the information is cut off at the end of the page.

I don't know. I don't use the business version. I would try using IE8 set to defaults to see if that improves things.

Another thing I would try is launching the program by right-clicking the launch icon, and choosing RunAsAdministrator. If that proves useful, it might point to another solution.

• Marked as answer by kcave Wednesday, June 23, 2010 7:46 PM
    Wednesday, June 23, 2010 4:19 PM

All replies

I don't know. I don't use the business version. I would try using IE8 set to defaults to see if that improves things.

Another thing I would try is launching the program by right-clicking the launch icon, and choosing RunAsAdministrator. If that proves useful, it might point to another solution.

• Marked as answer by kcave Wednesday, June 23, 2010 7:46 PM
    Wednesday, June 23, 2010 4:19 PM
  • It looks like somehow resetting IE8 worked. Do you have any idea why that was just out of curiosity? Its always nice to know why something happened to keep it from happening again.

Thanks

Kevin

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 7:46 PM
  • I am very glad to hear that worked.

I don't know what setting did this. It could be some action of restricting scriptiong, but I don't now. You could try adjusting IE8 settings until you break it again if you wanted to experiment. You could make a Windows restore point before doing experiments so that you could easily return to a state where it worked.

Saturday, June 26, 2010 4:50 PM