Access denied on shared folders, backup ok, console no go RRS feed

• Question

• ok 2 laptops - one whs - one router. laptop one can console into whs but no access on shared folders (can remote into whs) both laptops have win7 hp. second laptop can run console can't login thru console (paswword not reconised - changed password doesn't help) can't remote desktop into whs, can backup thru console. console has been reinstalled - doesn't help also can't use password on web remote access only laptop 1 can do that. router settings all good, yes did the turn off / shutdown no help.... tried updating whs - no updates.... oh yes second laptop access denied on shared folders too.... confirmed shares are full access in console

any ideas..... ugghhhh whs os reinstall?

my answers or disscusion points might not always right but they may have points not yet looked at. If you feel insulted by any points this is not my intention, i'm trying to help
    • Edited by Jackal696 Friday, May 28, 2010 6:23 PM added more
    Friday, May 28, 2010 6:22 PM

Answers

• it worked out in the end what the issue was on laptop 1 : password confusion when  doing the connector software so reinstall of connector software after changing the password for the whs and the laptop 1 shared folders access. fixed the issue.

Laptop 2 was a nightmare : there was a major software (install from a specialized industry usb connected software) was ensured it was win 7 ready but never took in account maybe what was changed on install???? not a programmer???

anyways it was windows features that were turned off ....easy way have another computer connected and look at windows features that are diffrent take the computer that works as your guide.... found even things that have no boxes checked you may still have to make sure the box is solid(makes sence when you go to the window) how tto get there is

start menu--->search bar "windows features" it will come up---> turn windows features on and off..... so matched the settings and it worked???

my answers or disscusion points might not always right but they may have points not yet looked at. If you feel insulted by any points this is not my intention, i'm trying to help
    • Marked as answer by Jackal696 Sunday, May 30, 2010 9:56 PM
    Sunday, May 30, 2010 9:56 PM

All replies

• ok 2 laptops - one whs - one router. laptop one can console into whs but no access on shared folders (can remote into whs) both laptops have win7 hp. second laptop can run console can't login thru console (paswword not reconised - changed password doesn't help) can't remote desktop into whs, can backup thru console. console has been reinstalled - doesn't help also can't use password on web remote access only laptop 1 can do that. router settings all good, yes did the turn off / shutdown no help.... tried updating whs - no updates.... oh yes second laptop access denied on shared folders too.... confirmed shares are full access in console

any ideas..... ugghhhh whs os reinstall?

Starting with laptop 1:  everything works on it except for accessing the server shares?  If that is correct, did you try the steps in this FAQ post and see if it helps?
    Sunday, May 30, 2010 9:20 PM
  • it worked out in the end what the issue was on laptop 1 : password confusion when  doing the connector software so reinstall of connector software after changing the password for the whs and the laptop 1 shared folders access. fixed the issue.

Laptop 2 was a nightmare : there was a major software (install from a specialized industry usb connected software) was ensured it was win 7 ready but never took in account maybe what was changed on install???? not a programmer???

anyways it was windows features that were turned off ....easy way have another computer connected and look at windows features that are diffrent take the computer that works as your guide.... found even things that have no boxes checked you may still have to make sure the box is solid(makes sence when you go to the window) how tto get there is

start menu--->search bar "windows features" it will come up---> turn windows features on and off..... so matched the settings and it worked???

• Marked as answer by Jackal696 Sunday, May 30, 2010 9:56 PM
    Sunday, May 30, 2010 9:56 PM