CRM 4.0 error going offline RRS feed

• Question

• We have this problem long time ago and we are desperate.

Problem description:
    The CRM 4.0 can't go Offline, the error text is "
    A SQL Server error occurred. Try this action again .If the problem
    continues, check the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Community for solutions
    ...".
    Seems that the ticket ID between the Server and Client is lost. If we run the Diagnostic Tool and fix the Synchronization, it work again but the next day we have the same issue.

I have installed the hotfix:  http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B951301&x=7&y=15 but not work for me

I don't know if is important but every night we load records in the crm database with Scribe.

Server Info:
    Windows 2003 Server R2 64 Bits

Cliente Info:
    Windows XP 32 bits (Now i can't remember if is a Professional or Home version)

Please help, any idea is welcomed.
    Thanks.

Friday, October 17, 2008 9:01 AM

Answers

• At least, we found the solution in collaboration with Microsoft.

It's a Microsoft Dynamics CRM bug without official solution (hotfix) yet. But can be fixed with a workaround:

- This error can appear when your CRM and SQL installation are not english

- You must change the default language in SQL Server to the login used to access to CRM AppPool (in my case was NT AUTHORITY / Network Service) to English.

- It have no consecuencies in the CRM application.

- Is not neccesary reset the server.

Bye.

Monday, November 17, 2008 2:37 PM

All replies

• New info:

This is the text in the Diagnostic Report file of the Diagnostic Tool:

- <DiagnosticCheck>
      <Type>Microsoft.Crm.Outlook.Diagnostics.OfflineSyncSubscriptionDiagnosticCheck</Type>
      <Title>Comprobación de la suscripción de sincronización sin conexión.</Title>
      <Status>Fixed</Status>
      <Details>Microsoft.Crm.Outlook.Diagnostics.DiagnosticCheckException: Es posible que la suscripción de sincronización sin conexión esté dañada. Para corregir este problema, puede que Microsoft Dynamics CRM deba volver a sincronizar algunas suscripciones. La nueva sincronización puede tardar mucho tiempo en completarse. at Microsoft.Crm.Outlook.Diagnostics.OfflineSyncSubscriptionDiagnosticCheck.Execute(BackgroundWorker backgroundWorker) at Microsoft.Crm.Outlook.Diagnostics.DiagnosticCheck.DeepExecute(BackgroundWorker backgroundWorker)</Details>
      </DiagnosticCheck>
    - <DiagnosticCheck>
      <Type>Microsoft.Crm.Outlook.Diagnostics.OutlookRecordSynchingDiagnosticCheck</Type>
      <Title>Comprobación de la sincronización reciente con Outlook.</Title>
      <Status>Passed</Status>
      </DiagnosticCheck>
      </DiagnosticCheck>
    - <DiagnosticCheck>

The spanish text say: "Is possible that the suscription of the synchronization without conection is damaged. To fix this problem, is possible that Microsoft Dynamics CRM need to synchronize again many suscriptions. The new synchronization can take many time to finish"

Any idea?

Monday, October 20, 2008 9:29 AM
  • More info:

When I fix this problem (with: Diagnostic tool, CRM Assistant or simply reassigning the same role to the user) it works fine until the end of the day, and the next day the same error appear.

Event on the CRM Client:

MSCRMOfflineSync
    Event Id: 6000

An error occurred during Offline Synchronization.  Try going offline again, or restart Microsoft Outlook. SoapException happened Server was unable to process request..
     Detail <error>
      <code>0x80044150</code>
      <description>Generic SQL error.</description>
      <type>Platform</type>
    </error>
     Stack Trace Info:
        at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
       at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
       at Microsoft.Crm.SdkTypeProxy.CrmService.Execute(Request Request)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.OfflineSync.SyncData.DoPrepareSync(Int32 callPriority)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.OfflineSync.SyncData.Sync(ITransferDataProvider transferDataProvider, Int32 callPriority)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.SMWrappers.OfflineSync.SyncThreadMethod() .

Wednesday, October 29, 2008 9:34 AM
  • We reinstalled the CRM on the server and it works for few days. But now, again the same problem, the clients cant disconnect from server and get the error of the first post (SQL Server error...)

The error starts at 00:00 each day and is solved changing the role of the user (until the next day). We have contacted with Microsoft and they dont know how to fix it yet. Is a really annoying issue because is in production on our customer environment.

The server give some ASP.NET warnings and other errors like MSCRMAsyncService. In all of them, the common point is that it says that the user NT AUTHORITY\Network service cannot initialize session in SQL.

Anyone knows what can we try?

A temporal solution could to automatically change the role each day at 03:00 A.M for example but when I tried it in the SQL user/rol database table, the problem was not solved so I deduce that when you change the role in CRM interface, internally it is changing more that one table. Anyone knows anything about that?

Thank you all.

Bye.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008 11:42 AM
  • At least, we found the solution in collaboration with Microsoft.

It's a Microsoft Dynamics CRM bug without official solution (hotfix) yet. But can be fixed with a workaround:

- This error can appear when your CRM and SQL installation are not english

- You must change the default language in SQL Server to the login used to access to CRM AppPool (in my case was NT AUTHORITY / Network Service) to English.

- It have no consecuencies in the CRM application.

- Is not neccesary reset the server.

Bye.

Monday, November 17, 2008 2:37 PM
  •  

Your message was greatfull appreciated here, I got the same problem last week, and dunno how to resolve it. now it s fixed with your workaround.

Many thanks !

Tuesday, December 2, 2008 9:30 AM
  •  

Hi,

I've got the same problem here with a Dutch version of CRM. The CRM webapplication is set to use the CRMPool and this uses the Dutch "network service" (NT Authority\Netwerkservice). When I check in SQL server, the account NT Authority\Netwerkservice has as default language English and as default database company_CRM.

Am I missing something here?

Regards,

Philippe-

Monday, December 15, 2008 9:20 AM
  • Hi,

i got this error in a german installation and at least fixed it with the crm rollup ver 8 package.

regards,
    oliver

Monday, May 3, 2010 7:54 AM