Moving Files between Disks - Existing data partition too small RRS feed

• Question

• All

I'm getting error messages on my WHS that there is not enough space on some hard drives.

Basically,  I installed WHS on a single 80gb HDD, filled it up, then added a further 2 200GB sata drives.

I've used WHS to add these drives as extra storage and the storage console reports i have 450gb total and 277gb free.

I realise that i'm getting this message because the initial DATA partition of my 80GB is now full, but what i would like is to move everything from there to the recently added 200 gb sata drives.

Any help is much appreciated.
    Friday, October 23, 2009 10:13 AM

All replies

• Can you tell us what errors you're seeing, please? In general though, there is no need (other than cosmetic) to try to force files off your system drive, assuming your server is fully updated.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Friday, October 23, 2009 3:34 PM
  • hello,

Move Data Parttion to Other Hard drive in server is possible!!

go to: [url=http://www.toofiles.com/fr/oip/documents/pdf/daplacerlapartitiondatasurunautredisqueetagrandirlapartitionsystame.html]My tutorial[/url]

sorry my english is very bad, i can't  translate in english and i can't reply in english

Saturday, October 31, 2009 11:55 AM
  • hello,

Move Data Parttion to Other Hard drive in server is possible!!

go to: [url=http://www.toofiles.com/fr/oip/documents/pdf/daplacerlapartitiondatasurunautredisqueetagrandirlapartitionsystame.html]My tutorial[/url]

sorry my english is very bad, i can't  translate in english and i can't reply in english

That document cannot be opened by Adobe Reader (not to mention nowhere does it specifically mention WHS in the title).  But in any event, moving the data partition from the primary drive in WHS is not supported and will undoubtedly cause all sorts of problems (since you are circumventing all sorts of WHS apps, not the least of which is Drive Extender).
    Saturday, October 31, 2009 2:22 PM
  • i can open this file in acrobat reader 9.1.3
    Saturday, October 31, 2009 8:50 PM