Which Operating Sytem For Windows Home Server Ver 1 RRS feed

• Question

• Installed a new Motherboard and CPU. (ASUS P8H61) want to install the latest Bios, think I should use the XP 32 bit but Not sure

Tuesday, November 8, 2011 7:56 AM

Answers

• Ah, now I understand your question. It does not matter what you select on the Asus site as far as the BIOS is concerned (there will only be one latest version) it is , as you say, independent of the operating system. What you will get though if you select a different OS in the drop down are different driver and utility packages applicable to the OS you have chosen. If there are no Windows Server 2003 options try XP 32-bit drivers although as you already have WHS installed I assume you hve all the correct drivers anyway.
    Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.
    • Proposed as answer by Phil Harrison Thursday, December 1, 2011 8:43 AM
    • Marked as answer by ronnierwcw Saturday, December 3, 2011 12:45 PM
    Thursday, December 1, 2011 8:43 AM

All replies

• Windows Home Server is an Operating System - you do not need any other.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.
    Tuesday, November 8, 2011 1:01 PM
  • I was not talking about the operating system i was refering to the Asus motherboard BIOS. From the Asus download site you need to select and operating system forthe BIOS you want

to install. You have many choices including Win 7, Vista and XP. I always thought that the Bios was independant of the OP SYS.

Thursday, December 1, 2011 12:05 AM
  • Ah, now I understand your question. It does not matter what you select on the Asus site as far as the BIOS is concerned (there will only be one latest version) it is , as you say, independent of the operating system. What you will get though if you select a different OS in the drop down are different driver and utility packages applicable to the OS you have chosen. If there are no Windows Server 2003 options try XP 32-bit drivers although as you already have WHS installed I assume you hve all the correct drivers anyway.
    • Proposed as answer by Phil Harrison Thursday, December 1, 2011 8:43 AM
    • Marked as answer by ronnierwcw Saturday, December 3, 2011 12:45 PM
    Thursday, December 1, 2011 8:43 AM