Integrating EPBX Telephone to OCS, RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Bit confuse in this Is it possible to integrate EPBX with OCS, if yes i really appreciate this, i would like to know the basic requirement and how this LANDLINES calls get transfer to OCS and how OCS will understand this...............

Thaks In Advanced

Tuesday, April 21, 2009 5:35 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You integrate with your legacy PBX using a certified media gateway. Take a look here for a list of supported gateways: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-au/office/bb735838.aspx.

Calls would be routed from your legacy PBX over an ISDN trunk (T1/E1) or a SIP trunk to the OCS Mediation Server where reverse number lookup would take place (taking the dialed number and converting it to a SIP URI i.e. sip:user@example.com) and the call would be routed to the Enterprise Voice enabled OCS user. In the reverse scenario, calls would be routed from the OCS user, through the Mediation Server, to the media gateway and then to your PBX and perhaps onto the PSTN.

Let me know if you'd like more detail or if I can be of anymore assistance.
    Thursday, April 23, 2009 6:23 AM

• If the PBX in question is IP capable (hybrid or native), it can integrate with OCS RTM and R2 via Direct SIP with an intermediate media gateway. This is provided that it is certified under the Microsoft Unified Communications Open Interoperability Program (OIP) for enterprise telephony infrastructure.

Otherwise, the classic method is to use Back-to-back IP/PSTN Gateways to bridge the OCS Mediation Server with the legacy PBX. Alternatively, a basic gateway can sit between a Mediation Server and the PBX to connect the 2 systems. A hybrid (collocated) gateway e.g. Audiocodes or Dialogic is another option where the media gateway appliance and OCS Mediation Server role both reside on the same box.

Hope this helps. Do let us know. Thanks.

http://www.leedesmond.com
    Thursday, April 23, 2009 8:36 AM