none
Stitching - Color Gradient

Question

• Hello,

I use the Simple Panorama function to simply stitch microscopy images, which works 90-95% of the time. However, I have noticed that all of my images have a color gradient from left to right (i.e. blue to green tint). Is there a way to remove this discoloration? The original images do not contain blue, green or purple hues. Thank you!

Friday, August 3, 2018 7:12 PM

All replies

• Hello,

I use the Simple Panorama function to simply stitch microscopy images, which works 90-95% of the time. However, I have noticed that all of my images have a color gradient from left to right (i.e. blue to green tint). Is there a way to remove this discoloration? The original images do not contain blue, green or purple hues. Thank you!

I have the exactly the same problem. Any suggestions? I've trying to fix it with photoshop but I couldn't

• Edited by paulova93 Wednesday, August 29, 2018 3:45 PM
    Wednesday, August 29, 2018 3:43 PM
  • I have the same problem, too. Stitching microscope images works quite well with ICE, except for that annoying color gradient!!

Here's what I think is happening: The microscope illumination is slightly uneven across each individual photo prior to stitching, e.g. more blue at left, more red towards the right side. When ICE stitches the photos together, it appears to extrapolate this color gradient, effectively amplifying it in the final resulting panorama:

For example, take four photos in a row, which are all slightly bluish at the left, slightly reddish at the right:

Photo1 - Photo2 - Photo3 - Photo4

In the resulting panorama, the color shift will be extremely blue on the left (all of Photo1 is now blue), and extremely red on the right (all of Photo4 is now red). The original (natural) coloration of the photos is lost, especially at the edges of the panorama.

How can this problem be avoided?

• Edited by gustep Thursday, September 20, 2018 7:23 PM
    Thursday, September 20, 2018 7:20 PM