none
Could not get type information for app.dataset RRS feed

• Question

• I've been stuck on this issue for some time now, i have connected to to an Azure database through visual studio 2017 then created a dataset by adding a new data source. But whenever i try to preview the data in one of the tables this error messege pops up

Could not get type information for app.dataset

The error message pops up whenever that dataset is created, and this error message pops up when i run this code

var q = (from ev in db.Events
                     where ev.Id != 0
                     select ev.Title).First().ToString();        

tv.Text = q;

Sequence contains no elements

Any help is appreciated

• Edited by Mortalty Tuesday, November 21, 2017 3:38 PM
    • Moved by 宝宝徐 Friday, December 1, 2017 6:22 AM
    Tuesday, November 21, 2017 3:00 PM

All replies

• Hi Mortalty,

Which kind of app did you create, a simple C# console app or others?

Another issue is that you also use the Azure database, whether you could narrow down this issue in your side?

For example, using other database instead of the Azure database.

Since this forum is just to discuss the VS IDE, it was not the real developing or Azure forum, so if possible, you could narrow down this issue in your side, so we could help you move to the much more appropriate forum after we make sure that whether it is related to the database or project code itself or others.

Of course, to make sure that it was not the VS IDE issue, just test it in other VS machine. View the result.

Sincerely,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 24, 2017 1:10 AM
  • Hi Jack thank you for your reply,

I have created a Xamarin Android App, and at first i was connecting to MySQL database and that was working fine, And When i tried connecting and retrieving the data from Azure using another PC, it connected with no issues so i believe the azure database is not the issue here.

And i have tried making a console app then connecting to the database (Using my own PC) the same error message popped up

I hope this helps narrow down the problem and let me know if you need more informaton

Thanks

Saturday, November 25, 2017 5:48 PM
  • Hi Mortalty,

Since it works well in other machine, maybe we would think about the access permission or other in your side.

Could you connect the database normally in your Server Explorer window in your VS IDE?

Since it was not the code issue, if other database works well in your current VS Environment, I suggest you discuss this issue with the Azure database forum. At least, we could know that whether it has other requirements to access the Azure database.

Sincerely,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 28, 2017 8:51 AM