How to manipulate or modify Quick Find with own query.? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have problem with "quick find" capabillity, examp. i want to find only the records that owned by the same business unit based on user login. i try to create savedQuery, for Type "Public view" i get success, but for type "Quick find View" i dont get the result what i want, i think the CRM still using the last/default quick find from CRM. How the way /trick for what i want for get Quick find?

thanks,

-Glo.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010 9:17 AM

Answers

• Hi

There is no supported method to perform this operation.

Yet we can acheive in an Unsupported way. The workaround is to modify the Entity xml file.
    refer the following article for example http://ryandev.com/how-to-include-inactive-records-in-microsoft-crm-40-quick-find/

Keeping this article as base we can acheive your requirement. As like in the article follow the below steps

1. Click on Settings, Customization, Export Customizations.
    2. Select Entity (or whichever entity you want to modify) and click on Export Selected Customizations.
    3. Click OK to the warning window.
    4. Click Save on the File Download window.  Save the file somewhere on your desktop.
    5. Extract the Customizations.zip file and then open the Customizations.xml file in NotePad.
    6. Search for “Quick Find Active.”
    7. Insert the below lines (formatted in Bold) as below.

Note : check the fetchxml by comparing with your saved query.

Entity XML:

<filter type="and">
    <condition attribute="statecode" operator="eq" value="0" />
    </filter>

<link-entity name="systemuser" from="systemuserid" to="owninguser" alias="contactowningusersystemusersystemuserid">
    <link-entity name="businessunit" from="businessunitid" to="businessunitid" alias="aa">
    <link-entity name="systemuser" from="businessunitid" to="businessunitid" alias="ab">
    <filter type="and">
    <condition attribute="systemuserid" operator="eq-userid"/>
    </filter>
    </link-entity>
    </link-entity>
    </link-entity>
    <link-entity name="businessunit" from="businessunitid" to="new_businessunitid" visible="false" link-type="outer" alias="contactnew_businessunitidbusinessunitbusinessunitid">
    </link-entity>

<filter type="or" isquickfindfields="1">
    <condition attribute="new_membershipid" operator="like" value="{0}" />
    <condition attribute="middlename" operator="like" value="{0}" />
    <condition attribute="lastname" operator="like" value="{0}" />
    <condition attribute="fullname" operator="like" value="{0}" />
    <condition attribute="firstname" operator="like" value="{0}" />
    <condition attribute="emailaddress1" operator="like" value="{0}" />
    </filter>

8. Save the XML file.  Back in CRM, click on Settings, Customization, Import Customizations.  Browse to the modified XML file and click on Upload.  This will read the XML file to determine what customizations are contained in it.  Make sure Account is selected and choose Import Selected Customizations.
    9. Lastly, publish the changes.  Click on Settings, Customization, Customize Entities.  Select Account and click on Publish.

Regards
    Vinoth

• Proposed as answer by VinothBalasubramanian Wednesday, April 14, 2010 11:10 AM
    • Marked as answer by pntr Wednesday, April 14, 2010 3:57 PM
    Wednesday, April 14, 2010 11:07 AM

All replies

• Hi

There is no supported method to perform this operation.

Yet we can acheive in an Unsupported way. The workaround is to modify the Entity xml file.
    refer the following article for example http://ryandev.com/how-to-include-inactive-records-in-microsoft-crm-40-quick-find/

Keeping this article as base we can acheive your requirement. As like in the article follow the below steps

1. Click on Settings, Customization, Export Customizations.
    2. Select Entity (or whichever entity you want to modify) and click on Export Selected Customizations.
    3. Click OK to the warning window.
    4. Click Save on the File Download window.  Save the file somewhere on your desktop.
    5. Extract the Customizations.zip file and then open the Customizations.xml file in NotePad.
    6. Search for “Quick Find Active.”
    7. Insert the below lines (formatted in Bold) as below.

Note : check the fetchxml by comparing with your saved query.

Entity XML:

<filter type="and">
    <condition attribute="statecode" operator="eq" value="0" />
    </filter>

<link-entity name="systemuser" from="systemuserid" to="owninguser" alias="contactowningusersystemusersystemuserid">
    <link-entity name="businessunit" from="businessunitid" to="businessunitid" alias="aa">
    <link-entity name="systemuser" from="businessunitid" to="businessunitid" alias="ab">
    <filter type="and">
    <condition attribute="systemuserid" operator="eq-userid"/>
    </filter>
    </link-entity>
    </link-entity>
    </link-entity>
    <link-entity name="businessunit" from="businessunitid" to="new_businessunitid" visible="false" link-type="outer" alias="contactnew_businessunitidbusinessunitbusinessunitid">
    </link-entity>

<filter type="or" isquickfindfields="1">
    <condition attribute="new_membershipid" operator="like" value="{0}" />
    <condition attribute="middlename" operator="like" value="{0}" />
    <condition attribute="lastname" operator="like" value="{0}" />
    <condition attribute="fullname" operator="like" value="{0}" />
    <condition attribute="firstname" operator="like" value="{0}" />
    <condition attribute="emailaddress1" operator="like" value="{0}" />
    </filter>

8. Save the XML file.  Back in CRM, click on Settings, Customization, Import Customizations.  Browse to the modified XML file and click on Upload.  This will read the XML file to determine what customizations are contained in it.  Make sure Account is selected and choose Import Selected Customizations.
    9. Lastly, publish the changes.  Click on Settings, Customization, Customize Entities.  Select Account and click on Publish.

Regards
    Vinoth

• Proposed as answer by VinothBalasubramanian Wednesday, April 14, 2010 11:10 AM
    • Marked as answer by pntr Wednesday, April 14, 2010 3:57 PM
    Wednesday, April 14, 2010 11:07 AM
  • Hi,

Great, the explanation you give is really very clear and detailed, I am very grateful for this very helpful for what I need I will save this article for subsequent needs.

Thanks,

-Glo.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010 3:57 PM