Trial period ended unexpectely RRS feed

• Question

• Today One Care told me I had 51 days on trial period. I was curios to find out how much it wouldcost to subscribe for one year, so I proceeded until the cost was displayed and stopped there. Now One Care behaves like my trial period ended.

Will One Care finish my trial period before the regular peiord end before I confirm I purchased a license?
    Friday, March 27, 2009 3:17 PM

Answers

• If you purchase a subscription to One Care the trial period will end. If you did not purchase a subscription the trial period should remain unchanged.
    Jim
    Friday, March 27, 2009 3:38 PM

All replies

• If you purchase a subscription to One Care the trial period will end. If you did not purchase a subscription the trial period should remain unchanged.
    Jim
    Friday, March 27, 2009 3:38 PM
  • Jim, Thanks for your reply. It seems you marked your answer as the final answer to my question and it is not. Thank you for your help.  

Would others please pitch in?

I bought a new Sony Vaio +-2 months ago, it came with a trial subscription of OneCare. Curios to find out what was the price of the one year subscription and not being able to find that information easily, I followed the subscription process until it gave me the cost of the subscription, 49.95. At that point I cancelled the process as I have not given any payment information or agreed to purchase.

Since than the One Care icon is red on the notification area and One Care shows a problem, as show in the image hosted at http://mauriciofeijo.com/OneCareIssue.jpg 

If anyone else could try and help me understand this I would apreciate it.

Mauricio Feijo
    Saturday, March 28, 2009 1:46 PM
  • I can't see the image but if you open One Care you will see an action to take. If you can tell me what the action to take is I may be able to help.

If you read your original post, that question was answered. You asked "Will One Care finish my trial period before the regular peiord end before I confirm I purchased a license?"
    Jim
    Saturday, March 28, 2009 2:02 PM
  • I marked the post by Jim as the answer as it was the answer to you original question.
    Your image reveals a new problem right now, and unfortunately, it doesn't make it clear as to what the problem is. OneCare should tell you what action to take, however, in your image it isn't telling you what the problem is and only offers that you go to the Help Center.
    The best that I can suggest is to check the PC date and time as that can cause this condition. A reinstall will cause the trial period to drop to 15 days, so I'd advise agains that for now.
    If the date and time of the PC are correct, then cotact support for help:

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Sunday, March 29, 2009 5:32 PM