none
Product Key Problems- 60 day trial over

Question

• I bought a laptop about 6 months ago now.  After a couple months we had to have the hard drive replaced and in doing so lost the Office 2010 we had purchased initially.  I could not find my original product key and needed to reinstall the software once we had it repaired.  I contacted a windows representative who gave me the product key <removed> as a replacement, or at least that's what I thought.

Today when we returned home from work no emails would send and there was a message saying our 60 day trial period had expired.  The new product key given to me was supposed to replace the one lost with the hard drive crash, but when I enter this number online to register the software it says this number is not valid in my country.  Can you help me please?  It is my own fault for not storing the initial purchased code somewhere safe.  I learned my lesson and saved the second code where I could find it, only to find now that it does not work. 

Please let me know what you can do. 

Regards,

Nick Thomas 

• Edited by Darin Smith MS Saturday, December 10, 2011 2:26 AM removed product key
    Friday, December 9, 2011 7:54 AM

Answers

• "Nick Thomas 88" wrote in message news:c836e738-6f3f-4800-8b8c-df9061e8d9cd...

I bought a laptop about 6 months ago now.  After a couple months we had to have the hard drive replaced and in doing so lost the Office 2010 we had purchased initially.  I could not find my original product key and needed to reinstall the software once we had it repaired.  I contacted a windows representative who gave me the product key [redacted[ as a replacement, or at least that's what I thought.

Today when we returned home from work no emails would send and there was a message saying our 60 day trial period had expired.  The new product key given to me was supposed to replace the one lost with the hard drive crash, but when I enter this number online to register the software it says this number is not valid in my country.  Can you help me please?  It is my own fault for not storing the initial purchased code somewhere safe.  I learned my lesson and saved the second code where I could find it, only to find now that it does not work.

Regards,

Nick Thomas

Please delete your Key – or it will be declared abused and invalidated. Vista has no 60-day trial, and neither does Windows 7 – The only 60-day trial that I am aware of is that for Office,

You also appear to be posting in the wrong forum – you should post your problem in the proper Office or Win 7 forum,

The Office forum is here

The Win 7 WGA forum is here

To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.
      - **in your own thread**, please

Please also state the Version and Edition of Windows quoted on your COA sticker (if you have one) on the case of your machine, but do NOT quote the Key on the sticker!
    http://www.microsoft.com/howtotell/content.aspx?pg=coa

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Friday, December 9, 2011 9:17 AM

All replies

• "Nick Thomas 88" wrote in message news:c836e738-6f3f-4800-8b8c-df9061e8d9cd...

I bought a laptop about 6 months ago now.  After a couple months we had to have the hard drive replaced and in doing so lost the Office 2010 we had purchased initially.  I could not find my original product key and needed to reinstall the software once we had it repaired.  I contacted a windows representative who gave me the product key [redacted[ as a replacement, or at least that's what I thought.

Today when we returned home from work no emails would send and there was a message saying our 60 day trial period had expired.  The new product key given to me was supposed to replace the one lost with the hard drive crash, but when I enter this number online to register the software it says this number is not valid in my country.  Can you help me please?  It is my own fault for not storing the initial purchased code somewhere safe.  I learned my lesson and saved the second code where I could find it, only to find now that it does not work.

Regards,

Nick Thomas

Please delete your Key – or it will be declared abused and invalidated. Vista has no 60-day trial, and neither does Windows 7 – The only 60-day trial that I am aware of is that for Office,

You also appear to be posting in the wrong forum – you should post your problem in the proper Office or Win 7 forum,

The Office forum is here

The Win 7 WGA forum is here

To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.
      - **in your own thread**, please

Please also state the Version and Edition of Windows quoted on your COA sticker (if you have one) on the case of your machine, but do NOT quote the Key on the sticker!
    http://www.microsoft.com/howtotell/content.aspx?pg=coa

Friday, December 9, 2011 9:17 AM
  • Thanks for marking my response as an answer - but you have still not edited out you Key.

Please do so!

Friday, December 9, 2011 5:15 PM