none
Team Foundation Server 2015 vs. Bitbucket Server

Question

• I am trying to compare two solutions. TFS Server 2015 and Bitbucket Server. I assume, that I will host GIT repositories and for project management I have other tools.

What is the advantage in using TFS comparing to Atlassian solutions?

Is there a place where I can find list of functionalties, implemented or scheduled in TFS development?

And is this post actual:  http://blogs.msdn.com/b/visualstudioalm/archive/2015/08/27/git-experience-futures.aspx?CommentPosted=true&PageIndex=3#comments ?

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 10:50 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

The TechNet Wiki Discussion Forum is a place for the TechNet Wiki Community to engage, question, organize, debate, help, influence and foster the TechNet Wiki content, platform and Community.

Please note that this forum exists to discuss TechNet Wiki as a technology/application.

As it's off-topic here, I am moving the question to the Where is the forum for... forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 1:51 PM
  • Hello,

Here are the Visual Studio Team Foundation Server forums.

You might also ask the Atlassian people.

I'd bet that on Microsoft's forums you will hear a lot of "USE TFS" ;)

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 1:53 PM
  • Well, it would be super cool to hear USE TFS because of... I am not waiting for comparison but rather for strong arguments from MS and Atlassian.
    Wednesday, October 21, 2015 2:30 PM
  • Thanks. Sorry for inproper forum. I was looking for TFS specific but haven't found it.
    Wednesday, October 21, 2015 2:32 PM