none
where to go RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all I just Graduated from college with a computer science degree, but one thing plagues me my college dose not certify me in C++ so i was wondering if there is a place online or somewhere close to Chicago IL  whee i can take the test to become certified. I really want to work in the field bad. I don't want my knowledge go to waste. Please help me fulfill my dream job as a programmer. I have the passion but not certain on the knowledge where to go. I see alot of advertisements on the web but i don't know which is true or fake. SOON MICROSOFT I'M COMMING TO WORK FOR YOU

Thanks if you help me  

• Moved by Yi Feng Li Thursday, July 15, 2010 8:21 AM Training and Certification (From:Visual C++ General)
    Wednesday, July 14, 2010 3:47 AM

Answers

• There are no generally accepted certifications for C++ and employers do not expect C++ certification.  But most employers will conduct a written or verbal quiz to evaluate your C++ knowledge.  Be prepared!
    Wednesday, July 14, 2010 1:22 PM

All replies

• You spent 4 years getting a computer science degree and didn't have a single C++ class? That's some messed up course syllabus.
    http://blog.voidnish.com
    Wednesday, July 14, 2010 3:52 AM
  • There are no generally accepted certifications for C++ and employers do not expect C++ certification.  But most employers will conduct a written or verbal quiz to evaluate your C++ knowledge.  Be prepared!
    Wednesday, July 14, 2010 1:22 PM
  • Hi Tdubs0630,

I am moving this thread from “Visual C++ General" forum to the “Training and Certification” forum, since the issue is related to Training and Certification. There are more experts in the “Training and Certification" forum.

Cheers,

Yi

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Thursday, July 15, 2010 8:21 AM