Import Word template and assign to custom entity? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I'm new to CRM - so please bear with me..

I have so far managed to create a word template for merging when initiating the proces from within CRM 4.0. What I need to do is customize my companys existing templates to a new application we are building i CRM 4.0 and import them into the CRM system. In theory it's easy, I CAN import the template and assign it to a given entity, but even though I use merge field names in the template, matching to fields in the CRM entity, they don't connect - the result is, that the fields I would like to see transferred to the word template during merge, does not appear.

What am I missing?

Regards, Jens Nielsen

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 9:58 AM

Answers

• Im sorry, I'll try to clarify: The templates I am working on are word templates for standard letters to send to customers. I would like to use them in CRM. I have made a custom entities in CRM. My users should be able to select word merge from within this custom entity and here select the word template of their choice.

As I stated in the first post: I can make it work, if I make the word template form within CRM: start merge with empty document, select the appropriate fields of the entity and related entities and go to word, make the merge, choose save template in CRM.

But I would like to start in Word, make the template with the appropriate fieldnames, save as .xml, go to CRM and import the template, connecting it to my entity. It is this part, that don't work for me.

Regards, Jens

Thursday, February 21, 2008 9:34 AM

All replies

•  

Dear Jens Nioelson

Your question is quite ambigious.i cant understand that what sort of template ur taking about ,.still so fart as i get. i think you want to Customize an entity in CRM according to ur previous pattern?is that so? if yes then you will need to customize the Enitity of the CRM.The Importing of customization cant really help you,..please elaborate your question if it didnt heleped u

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 11:51 AM
  • Im sorry, I'll try to clarify: The templates I am working on are word templates for standard letters to send to customers. I would like to use them in CRM. I have made a custom entities in CRM. My users should be able to select word merge from within this custom entity and here select the word template of their choice.

As I stated in the first post: I can make it work, if I make the word template form within CRM: start merge with empty document, select the appropriate fields of the entity and related entities and go to word, make the merge, choose save template in CRM.

But I would like to start in Word, make the template with the appropriate fieldnames, save as .xml, go to CRM and import the template, connecting it to my entity. It is this part, that don't work for me.

Regards, Jens

Thursday, February 21, 2008 9:34 AM