AH340 Restore CD needed RRS feed

• Question

• I have an Acer H340 Home Server which has been acting up today. It started a little while ago with one troublesome drive which has now gone partially AWOL, I can access the files on it, the server console shows it as "not added", at the same time right clicking on he drive gives me the option to remove. I've got worse problems in that the demigrator service keeps crashing, stopping me from removing the drive and just copying the files across, although even if I could I'd still be stuck with a busted service.

So I've decided to recover the server. I'm under the impression that recovery should leave my data intact and perhaps even bring this troublesome drive back into the pool so I can remove it gracefully and attempt a warranty, where as a restore will wipe all my data. My big issue is that I seem to have misplaced every CD expect the software installation disk. Do I have any option rather than buying a disk from ebay since my server does still run (to some extent)?

Sunday, August 29, 2010 4:11 AM

Answers

• I have an Acer H340 Home Server which has been acting up today. It started a little while ago with one troublesome drive which has now gone partially AWOL, I can access the files on it, the server console shows it as "not added", at the same time right clicking on he drive gives me the option to remove. I've got worse problems in that the demigrator service keeps crashing, stopping me from removing the drive and just copying the files across, although even if I could I'd still be stuck with a busted service.

So I've decided to recover the server. I'm under the impression that recovery should leave my data intact and perhaps even bring this troublesome drive back into the pool so I can remove it gracefully and attempt a warranty, where as a restore will wipe all my data. My big issue is that I seem to have misplaced every CD expect the software installation disk. Do I have any option rather than buying a disk from ebay since my server does still run (to some extent)?

Try contacting Acer.  They should be able to supply you with another one (although there will probably be some charge for it).
    • Marked as answer by Mark Dell Wednesday, September 1, 2010 3:03 AM
    Sunday, August 29, 2010 2:21 PM