Reinstall of WGA pack, Key failed RRS feed

• Question

•  

So i purchased the WGA pack and used the key converter and everything was fine. I had some nasty spyware and decided to do a fresh install. Upon trying to boot from the replacement CD i get and error. I tried the CD in another computer and it failed to boot there aswell. So i used a different CD to get Windows installed. I used the Key tool to change my key again to the one i purchased and recieved an error saying it was already in use. I'm not trying to transfer the license, i just want to reformat my computer. Now i'm stuck with an unusable computer and a $130 key i can't use. Any help?

thank you

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 4:44 PM

Answers

• Hello spin_t3,

Thank you for visiting the Microsoft Genuine Advantage Forum.  The purpose of this forum is the support of Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) program.  Your question is off topic as well as outside my area of knowledge. I would suggest contacting the customer service line below for issues relating to your WGA Pack: Monday through Friday, between 8AM and 10PM ET, at (866-530-6599), toll free in the United States and Canada. 

Thank you,

Matt Prall, MS
    WGA Forum Manager

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 4:55 PM