Cannot schedule a task to run Sync Toy and run All Pair automatically RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I tried to use Vista\Accesories\System Tool\Scheduled Task to schedule a task to run Sycn Toy and run All Pairs automatically, I put the following command

"C:\Program Files\SyncToy 2.0\SyncToy.exe -R" In the Schedule Task \ Action tab. Sync Toy does not open and run all pairs

Do we need to put -R in the Add Argument or Start in fields in the Schedule Task (Action Tab)

However, if I just put ""C:\Program Files\SyncToy 2.0\SyncToy.exe", Sync Toy screen open automatically, but then I need to click on Run All. I tried to automate Sync Toy, so that we don't need to click on Run all.

Any ideas

P

• Moved by Max Wang_1983 Wednesday, April 20, 2011 11:18 PM Forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Technical Discussion [ReadOnly])
    Wednesday, November 4, 2009 12:17 AM

Answers

• Hi Pong, 
        You should use SyncToyCmd.exe -R but not SyncToy.exe -R when you schedule the task. After you installing SyncToy 2.0, you will find SyncToyCmd.exe at the same folder as SyncToy.exe.

BTW, if you need to create/delete folder pair, use SyncToy.exe. For more info, please use /? find more options for SyncToyCmd.exe and SyncToy.exe.

Thanks,
    Ping
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, November 6, 2009 2:23 AM