activating a windows 7 key, from a 30 days trial version RRS feed

• Question

• My PC was fixed by a Microsoft engineer he installed a 30 day windows 7 trial. I have now exceeded those 30 days as my new copy has taken so long to arrive. Will I be able to simply use the activation key say for windows 7 home edition on this windows professional edition or will my PC require a full reinstall?

cheers Bill

Monday, January 3, 2011 11:44 AM

Answers

• "billelton" wrote in message news:c8615f55-446b-4c86-a85c-95bff8a8994b...

My PC was fixed by a Microsoft engineer he installed a 30 day windows 7 trial. I have now exceeded those 30 days as my new copy has taken so long to arrive. Will I be able to simply use the activation key say for windows 7 home edition on this windows professional edition or will my PC require a full reinstall?

cheers Bill

an MS engineer? how come? please explain, as there are a number of scams around where bogus 'MS engineers' phone up and offer to fix (non-existent) problems, and that way get access to your banking details.
    MS would normally either email the Key, or provide it over the phone - so I can't help thinking that you've  been caught by one of these scams.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Proposed as answer by Darin Smith MS Thursday, January 6, 2011 12:04 AM
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Friday, January 7, 2011 10:47 PM
    Monday, January 3, 2011 12:58 PM

All replies

• "billelton" wrote in message news:c8615f55-446b-4c86-a85c-95bff8a8994b...

My PC was fixed by a Microsoft engineer he installed a 30 day windows 7 trial. I have now exceeded those 30 days as my new copy has taken so long to arrive. Will I be able to simply use the activation key say for windows 7 home edition on this windows professional edition or will my PC require a full reinstall?

cheers Bill

an MS engineer? how come? please explain, as there are a number of scams around where bogus 'MS engineers' phone up and offer to fix (non-existent) problems, and that way get access to your banking details.
    MS would normally either email the Key, or provide it over the phone - so I can't help thinking that you've  been caught by one of these scams.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Proposed as answer by Darin Smith MS Thursday, January 6, 2011 12:04 AM
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Friday, January 7, 2011 10:47 PM
    Monday, January 3, 2011 12:58 PM
  • No reply from the Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS
    Friday, January 7, 2011 10:47 PM