Microsoft Money 2007 has not updated for three weeks--any suggestions? RRS feed

• Question

• About three weeks ago, when updating my accounts via the online update, I received an error message stating "Microsoft Money has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

I tried using the online update again this past weekend with the same result. 

Everything has worked fine for about three years, now all of a sudden the updates stopped working. 

Any suggestions?

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 3:37 AM

All replies

• I am running M07 and my updates are still working--prices, downloads, etc.  Could it be something in your installation?
    Tuesday, July 27, 2010 8:44 PM
  • I'd consider creating a new test file and setting it up, one by one, to download the same data. The problem is likely a problem with the account data stored for one of your accounts that the download is tripping over or a problem with some one of the FIs you download from not playing nice. You need to narrow it down.

Likewise, have you a backup from before you encountered this problem the first time? Have you tested it to see if it can download still?

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 4:12 AM