none
Establish Bluetooth Connection from Windows Desktop to iOS device

Question

• I have a desktop application which communicates using Bluetooth (using 32feet.NET) with phones - this works well for WindowsPhone 8.1 and Android devices. I want to add support for iOS devices too, unfortunately due to the lack of RFCOMM support on iOS this seems not to be possible.

The Windows Desktop application acts as server and provides some "service methods" which the client (Phone) can query. Is there a way this could be done with an iOS phone as client?

• Moved by Caillen Tuesday, March 31, 2015 1:41 AM
    Monday, March 30, 2015 5:52 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Ronald,

.Net Framework doesn't have built-in support for Bluetooth communication with phones. Apparently 32feet.NET is a 3rd-party library for which you should contact the provider for help. If you're not limited to using this library, you could consider building a web service or WCF service which could help your desktop application to communicate with the IOS phones.

As your question is irrelevant to Visual C# language, you could post in some desktop development related forums instead.  I move it to [where is the forum for...], where the moderator may direct you to a proper forum.

Thanks for your understanding.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, March 31, 2015 1:41 AM
  • You might try them on codeplex.

https://32feet.codeplex.com/discussions/287728

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Tuesday, March 31, 2015 1:52 AM