Toolkit compatible with french WHS? RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed the toolkit but in advanced mode, there is no way to publish the server add-in. I have tried many time, changing the log in name, the server name (mine is "serveur") but ending with either "network name not found" or if I change the name to "server", I have the message "network path not found". Both message are in french.

Could it be that in french version, software is replaced by "logiciel"?
    Which file from the toolkit is he add-in? Maybe I can add it manually to the add-in folder?

hanks,

Eric
    Thursday, November 15, 2007 9:38 PM

Answers

• Yes, your assumption is correct.

For you to be able to publish server add-in you will need to use version of the toolkit which has the same locale as the server. This is because share names are localized. We have released only English version of the toolkit so far, other languages are coming soon.

You can manually copy %programFiles%\Windows Home Server\Toolkit\Toolkit.msi to \\server\sofware\add-ins share using localized names on client and server. Then you will need to go to the admin console and install add-in from there.

Friday, November 16, 2007 5:56 AM

All replies

• Yes, your assumption is correct.

For you to be able to publish server add-in you will need to use version of the toolkit which has the same locale as the server. This is because share names are localized. We have released only English version of the toolkit so far, other languages are coming soon.

You can manually copy %programFiles%\Windows Home Server\Toolkit\Toolkit.msi to \\server\sofware\add-ins share using localized names on client and server. Then you will need to go to the admin console and install add-in from there.

Friday, November 16, 2007 5:56 AM
  • Nice to see I'm not the only one in the world with the french version of WHS. Since we are two in this forum and may be more, who knows, would be nice to have a french space onto this forum...

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 4:02 PM