none
Problems using my account from Chrome :((((((((( RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody,

For a few last days I'm always getting 'Bad Request' when I try to access forums from Chrome (already opened windows). If I start a new Chrome session as incognito and then log into my account, I then can work with the forums just fine.

There is another bad thing that happened today :((((( Yesterday I had to reset my MSDN account password and also yesterday Skype changed the interface for me. Today when I was logging to Skype it said it needs my credentials. I tried using few passwords I remembered from before, they both didn't work. I didn't realize I needed to try the password I re-set yesterday. So, I re-set my password for Skype which in turn reset my password for MSDN as well.

Anyway, now all of my Groups and Contacts are missing and I don't know what to do :( How can I restore all my Contacts in Skype?

Thanks a lot in advance.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Friday, December 8, 2017 12:52 PM

Answers

All replies

• There is another bad thing that happened today :((((( Yesterday I had to reset my MSDN account password and also yesterday Skype changed the interface for me. Today when I was logging to Skype it said it needs my credentials. I tried using few passwords I remembered from before, they both didn't work. I didn't realize I needed to try the password I re-set yesterday. So, I re-set my password for Skype which in turn reset my password for MSDN as well. Anyway, now all of my Groups and Contacts are missing and I don't know what to do :( How can I restore all my Contacts in Skype?

Sound like you might have just run into the blocking between work and personal accounts.

https://cloudblogs.microsoft.com/enterprisemobility/2016/09/15/cleaning-up-the-azure-ad-and-microsoft-account-overlap/

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Friday, December 8, 2017 1:45 PM
  • For a few last days I'm always getting 'Bad Request' when I try to access forums from Chrome (already opened windows). If I start a new Chrome session as incognito and then log into my account, I then can work with the forums just fine.

I don't normally use chrome but just now tried and its working without issue for me so maybe try a different pc or browser.

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Friday, December 8, 2017 2:55 PM
  • It works OK for me from Edge or from Chrome Incognito session, just not from my normal Chrome Window :( So, I have to now have a separate window to answer forums :(

I was also able to get back my groups and contacts. It is indeed sounds like some sort of mix-up. When I was using my email address, I eventually had to reset my password which in turn re-set my MSDN account password (which I reset up only yesterday).

So, I tried to click on 'Contact Support' and the page would not load for me :(

Finally, I signed out and tried signing in using naomi_nosonovsky instead of my email and that worked (using my old password).

My blog

My TechNet articles

Friday, December 8, 2017 5:07 PM
  • When I was using my email address, I eventually had to reset my password which in turn re-set my MSDN account password (which I reset up only yesterday).

Your MSDN / TechNet profile is associated with a microsoft account. When you logon here to forums your microsoft account is used for the authentication so it makes sense about the password reset you described.

Friday, December 8, 2017 5:19 PM
  • I don't understand why Skype had to be re-designed to use such stupid interface that allows me to do absolutely nothing :( Here is all I see in Skype (both desktop and Web versions): https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA10101/how-do-i-back-up-my-contact-list-in-skype-for-windows-desktop?q=how+to+make+a+backup+of+contacts

That interface doesn't even allow me to create a backup of my Contacts!!!!!!!! Some of Skype Help says 'Go to menu / Contacts/Advanced/Backup'. But where is that MENU??????? 

I am very disappointed in that new interface :(

My blog

My TechNet articles

Friday, December 8, 2017 6:16 PM
  • And also, if I try to go to 'My Threads' from here I get

Bad Request - Request Too Long

HTTP Error 400. The size of the request headers is too long.

:((((((((((((

My blog

My TechNet articles

Friday, December 8, 2017 6:21 PM
  • And also, if I try to go to 'My Threads' from here I get

Bad Request - Request Too Long

HTTP Error 400. The size of the request headers is too long.

I tested that view here on my desktop with chrome and it works Ok. Might try a different pc for troubleshooting. Might also try; https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

Friday, December 8, 2017 7:13 PM
  • I don't understand why Skype had to be re-designed to use such stupid interface that allows me to do absolutely nothing :( Here is all I see in Skype (both desktop and Web versions): https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA10101/how-do-i-back-up-my-contact-list-in-skype-for-windows-desktop?q=how+to+make+a+backup+of+contacts

That interface doesn't even allow me to create a backup of my Contacts!!!!!!!! Some of Skype Help says 'Go to menu / Contacts/Advanced/Backup'. But where is that MENU??????? 

I am very disappointed in that new interface :(

You can provide that feedback over here on uservoice.

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

or also ask them over here.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/Skype

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_sfb

Friday, December 8, 2017 7:18 PM
  • I posted two new messages in that forum today.

I also cleared browsing data in Chrome.

My blog

My TechNet articles

Friday, December 8, 2017 8:16 PM
  • I posted two new messages in that forum today.

Sounds good then.

Friday, December 8, 2017 8:40 PM
  • I also cleared browsing data in Chrome.

Assuming failure then next step might be to try another pc. Also some other trouble shooting here.

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/chrome/Kow8klCtDqo/RMxu0OzxOnkJ

Friday, December 8, 2017 8:41 PM
  • Regarding Skype, I have used it for years, but I no longer use it on my Windows 10 tablet. After an upgrade it would not launch unless I provided personal information that I would never give it. Skype has no business asking for my birthday, for example, or my phone number. Fortunately, Skype never got upgraded on my Windows 7 computer, so I use it there. I never see the new interface you describe.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Saturday, December 9, 2017 1:55 PM
  • I'm getting today the same issue with 'Bad request'.

Something else I noticed - after the latest Windows Update Google Chrome becomes unresponsive after a period of inactivity.

My blog

My TechNet articles

Wednesday, December 27, 2017 2:57 AM
  • Did you recently install chrome updates? I don't normally use chrome but checking just now seems to be working OK. I suspect they may no longer check compatibility with forums application as various browsers get new updates. Quite a lot changed functionality-wise with Edge browser and working with forums application that came with 1709 update, but who's to blame and or fix things?

As to windows updates and chrome. Most major software vendor provide test results and a list of approved updates so might check the chrome site for any existence.

Wednesday, December 27, 2017 3:07 AM
  • Hmm, I decided to verify my Chrome, went to Help/About and got:

An error occurred while checking for updates: Update check failed to start (error code 4: 0xA0430817 -- system level).

Version 63.0.3239.84 (Official Build) (64-bit)

:(

I'll shutdown my laptop for today and will try tomorrow.

My blog

My TechNet articles

Wednesday, December 27, 2017 4:05 AM
  • Good news.

Wednesday, December 27, 2017 4:14 AM
  • Today I was able to upgrade Chrome to the latest version. I'll monitor a bit.

UPDATE. Tried to access a thread from my email (about EF) and got 'Bad Request' again :(

My blog

My TechNet articles

Wednesday, December 27, 2017 4:46 PM
  •  and got 'Bad Request' again

I'd work through these ones.

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/chrome/Kow8klCtDqo/RMxu0OzxOnkJ

Wednesday, December 27, 2017 4:50 PM
  • Thanks, resetting advanced settings seemed to clear the problem for now. I'll monitor a bit, hopefully it resolved.

My blog

My TechNet articles

Wednesday, December 27, 2017 5:35 PM
  • Good news,

Wednesday, December 27, 2017 5:38 PM