locked
User still sees old Lookup Table values in Enterprise field RRS feed

  • Question

  • Got stumped today. We updated 2 months ago our Enterprise field that provides a picklist of possible values for milestone level. (Note: Milestone Level is a designation our Customers use to assign the level of configuration control).  It was decided to eliminate the levels "IO", which is shorthand for "Information Only", and level "4".  These levels were removed from the appropriate lookup table in the Project Server list of enterprise enterprise fields/lookup tables.

    One of our Users is still seeing IO and 4 as choices in the pick list.  When I open her schedule, I don't see those values.  It doesn't matter what schedule she opens, she still is able to see levels IO and 4. 

    I had her cycle Project Pro, and she is still seeing the IO and 4 levels, even on brand new schedules.  Other people are not having this problem.

    We are on Project Server v2010 SP2.

    Monday, January 19, 2015 6:38 PM

Answers

  • Hi,

    with Project Server 2010, there are some issues with not updated LookUp Tables in client. I suggest to apply most recent CUs on server and clients, since these issues has been solved in the past.

    However, to solve your issue right now, ensure that this user has saved, published, and checked in all projects. Check queue, if all jobs went through successfully. Get cache path from File - Options - Save. Close Project Client. Navigate to cache path in Windows explorer. Delete folders/files listed.

    Please note: This should not be necessary with actual updates. And it is recommended to avoid doing so: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/brismith/archive/2007/11/02/friends-don-t-let-friends-delete-their-cache-or-cancel-queue-jobs.aspx.

    But in this case, I think yo need to :).

    If everything is saved, published, checked in and no errors in queue, you just should be fine - no worries.

    Regards
    Barbara


    To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support!

    Monday, January 19, 2015 7:35 PM

All replies

  • Hi,

    with Project Server 2010, there are some issues with not updated LookUp Tables in client. I suggest to apply most recent CUs on server and clients, since these issues has been solved in the past.

    However, to solve your issue right now, ensure that this user has saved, published, and checked in all projects. Check queue, if all jobs went through successfully. Get cache path from File - Options - Save. Close Project Client. Navigate to cache path in Windows explorer. Delete folders/files listed.

    Please note: This should not be necessary with actual updates. And it is recommended to avoid doing so: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/brismith/archive/2007/11/02/friends-don-t-let-friends-delete-their-cache-or-cancel-queue-jobs.aspx.

    But in this case, I think yo need to :).

    If everything is saved, published, checked in and no errors in queue, you just should be fine - no worries.

    Regards
    Barbara


    To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support!

    Monday, January 19, 2015 7:35 PM
  • I FINALLY got the user today to go to her cache folder and delete the folder that was inside the cache folder.  Once she did that the old lookup table values went away.  I suspected as such.

    Chris

    Friday, February 6, 2015 2:28 PM