How do i know weather my Window 7 is geniun or not? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi! This is Ali, Actually i have two question please help me out in them, my first question is that how do i know weather my window 7 is geniun or not? and my second question is that i got new laptop with installed window 7 origal, but the partition of harddisk is terrible like 90% is C drive and rest 10% is D drive, now i want to change this portion and if i install window again what should i do to have same window beause i dont have window cd which is installed in my laptop, i have window key's tag in back of laptop, please if anyone can help me.

Regards Ali,

• Edited by Minha Ali Sunday, January 22, 2012 7:39 PM
    Sunday, January 22, 2012 7:32 PM

Answers

• "Minha Ali" wrote in message news:fba8bf3a-e061-4839-93b4-5efcc77cbc98...

Diagnostic Report (1.9.0027.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    Windows Validation Data-->

Validation Code: 0
    Cached Online Validation Code: 0x0
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-JKHXW-D9W83-FJQKD
    Windows Product Key Hash: AYaBykmfTHUVW5whGaYMeVJn0/U=
    Windows Product ID: 00359-OEM-8992687-00249
    Windows Product ID Type: 2
    Windows License Type: OEM SLP
    Windows OS version: 6.1.7601.2.00010300.1.0.003

Other data-->
    SYSTEM><Manufacturer>LENOVO</Manufacturer><Model>1068AQU</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>LENOVO</Manufacturer><Version>44CN42WW</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="6"/><Date>20110922000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS

Licensing Data-->
    Software licensing service version: 6.1.7601.17514

Name: Windows(R) 7, HomePremium edition
    Description: Windows Operating System - Windows(R) 7, OEM_SLP channel
    Partial Product Key: FJQKD
    License Status: Licensed
    Remaining Windows rearm count: 3
    Trusted time: 1/23/2012 3:46:24 PM

Windows Activation Technologies-->
    HrOffline: 0x00000000
    HrOnline: 0x00000000
    HealthStatus: 0x0000000000000000
    Event Time Stamp: 12:27:2011 10:51
    ActiveX: Registered, Version: 7.1.7600.16395
    Admin Service: Registered, Version: 7.1.7600.16395
    HealthStatus Bitmask Output:

OEM Activation 2.0 Data-->
    BIOS valid for OA 2.0: yes
    Windows marker version: 0x20001
    OEMID and OEMTableID Consistent: yes
      SLIC   LENOVO  CB-01  

thank you so much for your concern,I got this after doing what you asked to me, and please i still have same querry how do i make partitiona on my choice and can i reinstall the window gain, and also tell me this version is geniun or not?

regards

Ali

As far as I can tell, this installation of Windows is perfectly genuine – you can further check by validating at

As I said earlier, there are very good reasons NOT to change the partitioning on your hard drive.
    The D: partition almost certainly contains the Recovery system for your computer – you should read the manual for instructions on how to use it, or see here - http://support.lenovo.com/en_GB/detail.page?LegacyDocID=MIGR-4Q2QAK or http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/in/en/Guides/Guide_list.aspx?CategoryID=91249
    You should be able to purchase a set of Recovery disks direct from Lenovo, if for any reason you are unable to access the Recovery Partition on your drive.
    You should also read the manual for instructions on how to create a backup set of disks for your computer (if the option is available)

You can reinstall Windows as often as you like on the same hardware – but only one installation at a time (i.e. you need two licenses if you want to be able to dual-boot two copies of Windows on the same machine)

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Tuesday, January 24, 2012 12:23 AM
    Monday, January 23, 2012 11:31 AM

All replies

• "Minha Ali" wrote in message news:c88f7cbc-097c-4640-996a-053b3d28449c...

Hi! This is Ali, Actually i have two question please help me out in them, my first question is that how do i know weather my window 7 is geniun or not? and my second question is that i got new laptop with installed window 7 origal, but the partition of harddisk is terrible like 90% is C drive and rest 10% is D drive, now i want to change this portion and if i install window again what should i do to have same window beause i dont have window cd which is installed in my laptop, i have window key's tag in back of laptop, please if anyone can help me.

Regards Ali,

As far as being genuine is concerned, normally it’s enough to know the origin of the license. If the origin is OK, so should the license be.
    If there’s any doubt at all, post an MGADiag report (see later)

The chances are that your laptop drive is split like that for a reason – it’s likely that the D: drive is the Recovery Partition, and that should be left well alone.

To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.
      - **in your own thread**, please

Please also state the Version and Edition of Windows quoted on your COA sticker (if you have one) on the case of your machine, but do NOT quote the Key on the sticker!
    http://www.microsoft.com/howtotell/content.aspx?pg=coa

Sunday, January 22, 2012 7:52 PM
  • "Minha Ali" wrote in message news:fba8bf3a-e061-4839-93b4-5efcc77cbc98...

Diagnostic Report (1.9.0027.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    Windows Validation Data-->

Validation Code: 0
    Cached Online Validation Code: 0x0
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-JKHXW-D9W83-FJQKD
    Windows Product Key Hash: AYaBykmfTHUVW5whGaYMeVJn0/U=
    Windows Product ID: 00359-OEM-8992687-00249
    Windows Product ID Type: 2
    Windows License Type: OEM SLP
    Windows OS version: 6.1.7601.2.00010300.1.0.003

Other data-->
    SYSTEM><Manufacturer>LENOVO</Manufacturer><Model>1068AQU</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>LENOVO</Manufacturer><Version>44CN42WW</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="6"/><Date>20110922000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS

Licensing Data-->
    Software licensing service version: 6.1.7601.17514

Name: Windows(R) 7, HomePremium edition
    Description: Windows Operating System - Windows(R) 7, OEM_SLP channel
    Partial Product Key: FJQKD
    License Status: Licensed
    Remaining Windows rearm count: 3
    Trusted time: 1/23/2012 3:46:24 PM

Windows Activation Technologies-->
    HrOffline: 0x00000000
    HrOnline: 0x00000000
    HealthStatus: 0x0000000000000000
    Event Time Stamp: 12:27:2011 10:51
    ActiveX: Registered, Version: 7.1.7600.16395
    Admin Service: Registered, Version: 7.1.7600.16395
    HealthStatus Bitmask Output:

OEM Activation 2.0 Data-->
    BIOS valid for OA 2.0: yes
    Windows marker version: 0x20001
    OEMID and OEMTableID Consistent: yes
      SLIC   LENOVO  CB-01  

thank you so much for your concern,I got this after doing what you asked to me, and please i still have same querry how do i make partitiona on my choice and can i reinstall the window gain, and also tell me this version is geniun or not?

regards

Ali

As far as I can tell, this installation of Windows is perfectly genuine – you can further check by validating at

As I said earlier, there are very good reasons NOT to change the partitioning on your hard drive.
    The D: partition almost certainly contains the Recovery system for your computer – you should read the manual for instructions on how to use it, or see here - http://support.lenovo.com/en_GB/detail.page?LegacyDocID=MIGR-4Q2QAK or http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/in/en/Guides/Guide_list.aspx?CategoryID=91249
    You should be able to purchase a set of Recovery disks direct from Lenovo, if for any reason you are unable to access the Recovery Partition on your drive.
    You should also read the manual for instructions on how to create a backup set of disks for your computer (if the option is available)

You can reinstall Windows as often as you like on the same hardware – but only one installation at a time (i.e. you need two licenses if you want to be able to dual-boot two copies of Windows on the same machine)

• Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Tuesday, January 24, 2012 12:23 AM
    Monday, January 23, 2012 11:31 AM
  • Thanks you so much, It says window is geniun. but please help me bit more, some time i automatically recieved some pictures and shown on my desktop it seems this compter is connected with my uncle computer, because he was using this computer before me, and i think still this computer is connected thats why i recieved some pictures and files automatically from his computer. or mobile, and it might be possible he also recieves some pictures and files from me, so how can i fix it to disconnest all external or interal connection with my laptop, thats why i wanted to reinstall window otherwise i dont have any problem in it, please do reply me

Regards

Ali

Monday, January 23, 2012 2:01 PM
  • "Minha Ali" wrote in message news:eea4529d-d584-4438-a163-5c10b96adf2e...

Thanks you so much, It says window is geniun. but please help me bit more, some time i automatically recieved some pictures and shown on my desktop it seems this compter is connected with my uncle computer, because he was using this computer before me, and i think still this computer is connected thats why i recieved some pictures and files automatically from his computer. or mobile, and it might be possible he also recieves some pictures and files from me, so how can i fix it to disconnest all external or interal connection with my laptop, thats why i wanted to reinstall window otherwise i dont have any problem in it, please do reply me

Regards

Ali

You latest query is outside the remit for this forum – and outside my own experience.
    Please repost it  in a more appropriate forum – probably the Windows Answers Security forums would be a good place to start (they can move the thread if inappropriate there)

Good luck!

Monday, January 23, 2012 2:22 PM