I started getting the "detected that you did not close" Money file RRS feed

• Question

• My last backup is sadly out of date, though I don't recall turning off the feature. I right clicked on my Money file for Previous Versions, but that is only showing one from 2012, which is odd as I run it almost daily. Using Windows 10, whose constant crashing with Sleep mode has likely contributed to this. Any thoughts for getting back into my file?
    Thursday, October 15, 2015 1:43 PM

All replies

• Search your computer for *.mbf files. I like Agent Ransack for such searches.

Make copies of what you have on other media in case something happens to your hard drive or you accidently overwrite something useful.

You are not clear as to what the state of your latest *.mny file is. What is the date on that file according to Windows? With Money closed, if you Open that *.mny file, which should open Money to that file, what happens? If it does not behave as it should, you should try a standard level 2 file repair. In that you browse to your existing file, and choose a different filename in your Documents folder for the repaired version.

What happened when you tried these things?

Thursday, October 15, 2015 4:18 PM