none
Windows Universal app store Login RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

My UWP(JS) app is available on windows Store.

While downloading/installing the application it is not asking for login.

Is there any way to ask for user(Microsoft/store) login before they start installation?

Regards,
    Ashwin

• Moved by Barry Wang Wednesday, July 4, 2018 8:28 AM
    Wednesday, June 20, 2018 3:49 PM

All replies

• hi

you need to be signed in to access the Microsoft Store and download/install apps so please clarify what you mean with "not asking for login" ?

br
    Andre

Wednesday, June 20, 2018 5:14 PM
  • Hi,

I am not signed in on Microsoft Store. But still, I am able to Download/Install apps fromthe store.

like: I also tried with few other apps "Instagram, WeVideo" (trying with the app which is free on the store).

So, is there any way to make login mandatory before user Download/Install the APP?

Thursday, June 21, 2018 7:11 AM
  • I am not signed in on Microsoft Store. But still, I am able to Download/Install apps fromthe store.

if you open Microsoft Store app, what profile do you see on the top right corner of the window ?

Thursday, June 21, 2018 7:52 AM
  • Hi,

It is not showing any profile, just we get Sign In option

Thursday, June 21, 2018 9:21 AM
  • @Ashwin Barfa,

Looks like this is actually a store issue according to your description. Please notice that any UWP app from the store require your account because the app is installed to per user. As you may have a store issue or windows issue, could you please post your question to https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows and fix it first?

By the way, I want to confirm that you've tried to sign in but failed to login, right? If you mean you can install your app when you haven't sign in, that is because you are testing and sideloading your app, if you've published to the store, then if user need your app normally they need to login the store.

Best regards,

Barry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Barry Wang Monday, June 25, 2018 2:57 AM
    Monday, June 25, 2018 2:52 AM
  • Hi Barry,

we are installing app form store and it is not asking for login

Monday, June 25, 2018 9:57 AM
  • @Ashwin Barfa,

I believe this only happens on your own PC and you cannot reproduce this issue from any other computer, right? In that way please raise a new post on here to solve your OS issue first. Your PC seems not on the right status.

Best regards,

Barry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 26, 2018 5:51 AM

• Barry,
    I tried this on multiple computers and facing the same thing on every system.

Regards,

Ashwin

Thursday, June 28, 2018 6:16 AM