none
Should I Take Microsoft 70-642 (R2) Exam RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I do not think this question has been asked. Is the Microsoft 70-642 (R2) exam still valuable? I am a new IT person and want to make sure this is an exam to take. I am already certified in CompTIA A+, Network+, and Security+. Would passing this one exam help my job prospects? Or is there another one I should focus on? Please let me know.

Thanks

OC Tech Guy

Sunday, September 30, 2012 10:49 PM

Answers

• Yes, this exam will help your job prospects. Even though this exam refers to Windows server 2008 (R2), and version 2012 is already out, there are still many (most) companies using version 2008. It will be years before a significant percentage upgrades to 2012. So a prospective employer will appreciate the fact that you are knowledgeable on version 2008. In fact, most of the knowledge tested in this exam is still useful regardless of the version or operating system being used, since it refers to things such as IP protocols, DHCP, name resolution, routing, and so on. So it should be useful and still valuable regardless of which is the latest Windows version available.

Monday, October 1, 2012 7:29 AM