Setting Actual end date using workflow manager creating multiple activities RRS feed

• Question

• I have used the workflow manager to create a completed letter activity for a list of contacts, a combination of create letter for a contact with a manual rule, then a complete on create auto rule for the letter. I can set a due date, but can find no way of setting the actual end date. When you manually save as completed an actitivity, the actual end date is automatically set as you do it, but with the workflow manager automation, the actual end date is left blank. This then means that the completed activity appears at the bottom of the contact's history list, regardless of when it was closed.

any ideas anyone?

Tuesday, September 8, 2009 2:37 PM

Answers

• Hi Mike,

Within the workflow, add an update step to update the activity.  Go to the Additional Fields tab and you will find the Actual End date.  You can set it to a static or dynamic value.
    Best Regards, Donna
    • Proposed as answer by Donna EdwardsMVP Tuesday, September 8, 2009 2:57 PM
    • Marked as answer by Mike079 Tuesday, September 8, 2009 3:17 PM
    Tuesday, September 8, 2009 2:57 PM
  • thank you donna. I had done that, but I believe it wasn't working as i had the "then" actions in the wrong order, which i obviously didn't realise mattered.
    so, now 
    When letter is created
    if
    letter subject begin with ...
    then
    update: Letter.Actual end = excecution or date set by me
    Change state to completed
    end if

that works. thanks for looking
    Tuesday, September 8, 2009 3:17 PM

All replies

• Hi Mike,

Within the workflow, add an update step to update the activity.  Go to the Additional Fields tab and you will find the Actual End date.  You can set it to a static or dynamic value.
    Best Regards, Donna
    • Proposed as answer by Donna EdwardsMVP Tuesday, September 8, 2009 2:57 PM
    Tuesday, September 8, 2009 2:57 PM
  • thank you donna. I had done that, but I believe it wasn't working as i had the "then" actions in the wrong order, which i obviously didn't realise mattered.
    so, now 
    When letter is created
    if
    letter subject begin with ...
    then
    update: Letter.Actual end = excecution or date set by me
    Change state to completed
    end if

that works. thanks for looking
    Tuesday, September 8, 2009 3:17 PM