Cannot find CrmDiscoveryService in hosted MsCrm environment RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi Friends

We have a hosted MsCrm server, hosted at a different location and the url is something like this...

https://test.crm.dynamics.com/MSCRMServices/2007/

The CRM version 4.0.  The problem is, I couldnt find the CrmDiscoveryService in the above hosted CRM server.  There is no AD or IFD or SPLA folders underwhich we have CrmDiscoveryService in our local server.  What I would like to know is, If this is the case how do I get Windows Live login?

Thanks for your inputs.

Yuva

Wednesday, December 10, 2008 8:11 PM

Answers

• Hi Yuva,

Why are you trying to access the webservice of the hosted server? Are you trying to add a web refrence to your Visual Studio? The best way of doing this when you have a hosted server is to download the WSDL file from the MS CRM Server.

You can do this by going to Settings ->Customizations and then click Download Web Service Description Files.

Once downloaded, point to the file in your development environment.

Regards,
    Hassan.

Wednesday, December 10, 2008 10:17 PM

All replies

• Hi Yuva,

Why are you trying to access the webservice of the hosted server? Are you trying to add a web refrence to your Visual Studio? The best way of doing this when you have a hosted server is to download the WSDL file from the MS CRM Server.

You can do this by going to Settings ->Customizations and then click Download Web Service Description Files.

Once downloaded, point to the file in your development environment.

Regards,
    Hassan.

Wednesday, December 10, 2008 10:17 PM
  • Hi Hassan.

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I was trying to retrieve the CrmDiscoveryService.wsdl, and I couldnt find the wsdl.  FYI, I am working on java using eclipse IDE. 

Any suggestions.

Thanks

Yuva

Wednesday, December 10, 2008 10:30 PM
  • Yuva
          Download the WSDL from the crm server and you will be fine.
    As long as you can access the CRM server you should have no trouble downloading the wsdl. 
    follow the steps in my previous post.

Hassan.
    Thursday, December 11, 2008 5:49 AM