activation failure RRS feed

• Question

• recently received a free issue of vista after seminar in croke park in dublin. when I went to activate it, I get an error, that the product key is invalid even though I used the product key supplied with CD. what next, do I need to apply for a new product key?
    Wednesday, March 7, 2007 1:09 AM

Answers

• Ok, got it sorted. FYI if anyone else has a problem with there activation don't ring the number provided by Vista during the registration wizard. Instead ring 1850 940 940, follow the instructions through and enter the 9 groups of 6 numbers that you tried to activate it with originally, it won't work but now you will get the option to talk to a service agent. Within 5 mins she had it sorted, gave me a new activation number and told me I had a fantastic day ahead:-)
    Wednesday, March 7, 2007 12:32 PM

All replies

• I have the exact same problem after getting the exact same free issue of Vista free after attending the same seminar in croke park.
    Hopefully we will get a resolution on this, I'm getting a message telling me to activate or Vista will stop working in 2 days.

Wednesday, March 7, 2007 5:05 AM
  • Ok, got it sorted. FYI if anyone else has a problem with there activation don't ring the number provided by Vista during the registration wizard. Instead ring 1850 940 940, follow the instructions through and enter the 9 groups of 6 numbers that you tried to activate it with originally, it won't work but now you will get the option to talk to a service agent. Within 5 mins she had it sorted, gave me a new activation number and told me I had a fantastic day ahead:-)
    Wednesday, March 7, 2007 12:32 PM