none
Assistance in How to Communicate to Serial Port

General discussion

• Hello, I am designing an Interface to communicate with RFID Device. My problem is that I cannot seem to get the data sent to loop back and be displayed back to a textbox that I have setup. The serial port pins 2 and 3 have been connected with jumper wire so as to allow the data to transmit and return back. I have followed the example from an online source called "Simple Serial". Yet, everything seems to work except for the data return (received). Any assistance on the matter would be greatly appreciated. My apologies, I neglected to mention that I am using C# 5.0 in Visual Studio 2013 Ultimate.

Friday, November 21, 2014 12:26 AM

All replies

• You can monitor the data package by Accessport , download here http://www.sudt.com/en/ap/

在現實生活中,你和誰在一起的確很重要,甚至能改變你的成長軌跡,決定你的人生成敗。 和什麼樣的人在一起,就會有什麼樣的人生。 和勤奮的人在一起,你不會懶惰; 和積極的人在一起,你不會消沈; 與智者同行,你會不同凡響; 與高人為伍,你能登上巔峰。

Friday, November 21, 2014 7:00 AM
  • Hi,

Your issue is out of support range of VS General Question forum which mainly discusses the usage issue of Visual Studio IDE such as WPF & SL designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System and Visual Studio Editor.

Because your issue is about Serial Port, you can consult on ,Net Compact Framework forum like this thread: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/59db36ee-88dc-436a-9222-bb0b7f9acbeb/serial-port-communication-using-cnet?forum=netfxcompact for better support.

Thanks,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, November 21, 2014 7:07 AM
  • Hi Crystal, Than you for that info. I was glad to see that I can change forums without having to redo the entire entry :). Please forgive the error as I am new to this venue of assistance. Sincerely, SemSumi

Saturday, November 22, 2014 9:21 PM
  • Hi SemSumi,

Actually opening a new thread on another forum is very easy. If you want me to move this thread to .Net Compact Framework forum, please come back to tell me, I will help you.

Thanks,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, November 24, 2014 3:00 AM