Please help me with my Dell 1520 Vista Home Premium Build 6002 activation issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there

I got some strange virus issue recently and had to manually delete several files that I believe were the virus file.

However, along that process, I must deleted some important system file because when the virus issue appears to be solved, I got this activation issue that says my Vista is not geniue.

Now I have tried several method posted on this forum including changing my OEM key to the other key that is on the label at the back of my laoptop and using telephone to active it. This was failed because my laptop keep telling me that phone activation number is invaild.

I also tried the the other manual validation method by visiting http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/validate/, but I was told that there is a script error with the validation process. The error is: "Object doesn't support property or method 'GetMachineDetails'.

So I have decided to use the MGADiag tool and post the result here, see if I can get any help.

Thanks!

Diagnostic Report (1.9.0027.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    Windows Validation Data-->
    Validation Status: Invalid License
    Validation Code: 50
    Cached Online Validation Code: 0xc004c4a8
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-XRH86-62YXB-DWP73
    Windows Product Key Hash: V5EvX5EoHQZJZJFyo2MWbAto5Mw=
    Windows Product ID: 89578-OEM-7249024-37917
    Windows Product ID Type: 8
    Windows License Type: COA SLP
    Windows OS version: 6.0.6002.2.00010300.2.0.003
    ID: {A9058210-511D-4465-80EF-363E2907BC69}(3)
    Is Admin: Yes
    TestCab: 0x0
    LegitcheckControl ActiveX: Registered, 1.9.40.0
    Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x800b0100
    Product Name: Windows Vista (TM) Home Premium
    Architecture: 0x00000000
    Build lab: 6002.vistasp2_gdr.101014-0432
    TTS Error: T:20110211093116769-
    Validation Diagnostic:
    Resolution Status: N/A

Vista WgaER Data-->
    ThreatID(s): N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Version: 6.0.6001.18000

Windows XP Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    File Exists: Yes
    Version: 1.9.40.0
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x800b0100
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x800b0100

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Spsys.log Content: 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

Licensing Data-->
    Software licensing service version: 6.0.6002.18005

Windows Activation Technologies-->
    N/A

HWID Data-->
    HWID Hash Current: RAAAAAIABgABAAEAAgACAAAABQABAAEAeqhK4BjEhUqSLyQrZnNeCpBzRoPwN6Q3je/y9C3iuKlhhhxyms+sVqK+KoU=

OEM Activation 1.0 Data-->
    N/A

OEM Activation 2.0 Data-->
    BIOS valid for OA 2.0: yes
    Windows marker version: 0x20000
    OEMID and OEMTableID Consistent: yes
    BIOS Information:
      ACPI Table Name OEMID Value OEMTableID Value
      APIC   DELL    M08   
      FACP   DELL    M08   
      HPET   DELL    M08   
      BOOT   DELL    M08   
      MCFG   DELL    M08   
      SLIC   DELL    M08   
      SLIC   DELL    M08   
      SSDT   PmRef  CpuPm

Sunday, March 13, 2011 4:32 AM

Answers

• Hello Ancientash,

Your Diagnostic Report is telling me that your Windows is suffering from a Trusted Store Tamper.   In Windows, there are files that have, what is known as, a Digital Signature. A Digital Signature is an industry standard that ensures that a file is, in fact, from the specified source. If a file is modified, in any way, the Digital Signature is broken.

Example: lets say you get a Printer Driver that is Digitally Signed from HP. Since the Digital Signature was created by a Trusted Source (HP) a Certificate is created within Window's Trusted Store. The Digital Signature is dependent on the file's Hash (think fingerprint) so if the file is changed in any way, it's Digital Signature is broken and becomes invalid.  So lets say that the HP Driver got modified by some sort of Malware or became corrupt for some reason. The File's Hash would no longer match the hash listed in the Digitally Signature (or the Signature may not even be readable at that point). The Digital Signature becomes invalid because windows now don't know what has been done to that file, so the file can no longer be trusted. This, in turn, invalidates the corresponding Certificate within the Trusted Store which causes a Trusted Store Tamper which results in Windows turning to a Non-Genuine state.

What I have described in the above example is basically what is happening with your Windows.  Some Digitally Signed file has been modified in some way and the Certificate within Windows's Trusted Store has become invalid (i.e. no longer trusted) which invalidates the Certificate in the Trusted Store and that is what has triggered the Non-Genuine messaging.

Unfortunately, none of my tools are able to pinpoint which file/signature/certificate is causing the problem. However there are a few thing you can try that may correct the issue.

NOTE: Below I have listed some things to try to resolve the issue, the problem is that you have already tried #3 and you have stated you don't have any restore point to be able to do #2.  That just leaves #1 and #4.  So please take a look at #1 and see if that helps, and if not, proceed direct to #4.

1) First off not all Digitally Signed files are Drivers, but from experience we have found that this issue seems to occur the most with Drivers.  So my first suggestion is to confirm that all your hardware drivers are up to date. Note: Figuring out if a Driver is up to date and/or replacing a driver with a more current one can sometimes take semi-advanced computer knowledge and me explaining the process is outside the scope of this forum. If you do not know how to work with Drivers seek assistance or skip down to #2 or #3 below

2) Restore Windows back to a past System Restore Point.

1) Boot into Windows
    2) Click the Start button
    3) In the Start Search field, type: System Restore and hit the Enter key
    4) Select "Choose Different Restore Point", Put a check in the box that says "Show restore points older than 5 days", select the restore point that corresponds to a date Before you first noticed the issue (which hopefully was today).
    5) Click the "Next" button.
    6) Reboot

3) Repair Windows using the 'sfc /scannow' command

The Scan Now will look for any bad Windows files and attempt to repair them, if possible (it isn't always able to)

1) Login to Windows
    3) Type: cmd.exe in the search field
    4) Right-click the cmd.exe file and select Run as Administrator
    5) In the CMD window, type: sfc /scannow
    6) Reboot and see if that resolves the issue.

4) If none of my suggestions resolves the issue, then the only other suggestions I have are to either contacting Microsoft Assisted support, at one of the below URLs, or reinstalling Windows.

North America: http://support.microsoft.com/contactus/cu_sc_genadv_master?ws=support&ws=support#tab4

Outside North America:
    http://support.microsoft.com/contactus/?ws=support#tab0

Sorry I couldn't be more help,

Darin MS
    Monday, March 14, 2011 11:06 PM

All replies

• I also did /sfc scannow and it says found some corrupted files but unable to fix them

I also did an online activation again by running the SLUI command and was told that the production key is already in use.

Sunday, March 13, 2011 4:34 AM
  • And I just called the customer service ans was told by them that the Key on the back of my laptop is OK. So they believe it must be something wrong with my current system makeup.

Problem is, I don't want to use a full system recovery because I will lost my data. It's a shame that I don't have any system restoration point prepared for this situation.

Sunday, March 13, 2011 5:33 AM
  • I tried to read the CBS.log file and found that files the SFC command cannot repair is just a few game applications. Nothing else in the log file appears to have the line saying "cannot repair".
    Sunday, March 13, 2011 5:38 AM
  • Also tried the renaming Token.dat and rebuild a new one method, won't work.
    Sunday, March 13, 2011 7:14 AM
  • Hello Ancientash,

Your Diagnostic Report is telling me that your Windows is suffering from a Trusted Store Tamper.   In Windows, there are files that have, what is known as, a Digital Signature. A Digital Signature is an industry standard that ensures that a file is, in fact, from the specified source. If a file is modified, in any way, the Digital Signature is broken.

Example: lets say you get a Printer Driver that is Digitally Signed from HP. Since the Digital Signature was created by a Trusted Source (HP) a Certificate is created within Window's Trusted Store. The Digital Signature is dependent on the file's Hash (think fingerprint) so if the file is changed in any way, it's Digital Signature is broken and becomes invalid.  So lets say that the HP Driver got modified by some sort of Malware or became corrupt for some reason. The File's Hash would no longer match the hash listed in the Digitally Signature (or the Signature may not even be readable at that point). The Digital Signature becomes invalid because windows now don't know what has been done to that file, so the file can no longer be trusted. This, in turn, invalidates the corresponding Certificate within the Trusted Store which causes a Trusted Store Tamper which results in Windows turning to a Non-Genuine state.

What I have described in the above example is basically what is happening with your Windows.  Some Digitally Signed file has been modified in some way and the Certificate within Windows's Trusted Store has become invalid (i.e. no longer trusted) which invalidates the Certificate in the Trusted Store and that is what has triggered the Non-Genuine messaging.

Unfortunately, none of my tools are able to pinpoint which file/signature/certificate is causing the problem. However there are a few thing you can try that may correct the issue.

NOTE: Below I have listed some things to try to resolve the issue, the problem is that you have already tried #3 and you have stated you don't have any restore point to be able to do #2.  That just leaves #1 and #4.  So please take a look at #1 and see if that helps, and if not, proceed direct to #4.

1) First off not all Digitally Signed files are Drivers, but from experience we have found that this issue seems to occur the most with Drivers.  So my first suggestion is to confirm that all your hardware drivers are up to date. Note: Figuring out if a Driver is up to date and/or replacing a driver with a more current one can sometimes take semi-advanced computer knowledge and me explaining the process is outside the scope of this forum. If you do not know how to work with Drivers seek assistance or skip down to #2 or #3 below

2) Restore Windows back to a past System Restore Point.

1) Boot into Windows
    3) In the Start Search field, type: System Restore and hit the Enter key
    4) Select "Choose Different Restore Point", Put a check in the box that says "Show restore points older than 5 days", select the restore point that corresponds to a date Before you first noticed the issue (which hopefully was today).
    5) Click the "Next" button.
    6) Reboot

3) Repair Windows using the 'sfc /scannow' command

The Scan Now will look for any bad Windows files and attempt to repair them, if possible (it isn't always able to)

1) Login to Windows
    3) Type: cmd.exe in the search field
    4) Right-click the cmd.exe file and select Run as Administrator
    5) In the CMD window, type: sfc /scannow
    6) Reboot and see if that resolves the issue.

4) If none of my suggestions resolves the issue, then the only other suggestions I have are to either contacting Microsoft Assisted support, at one of the below URLs, or reinstalling Windows.

North America: http://support.microsoft.com/contactus/cu_sc_genadv_master?ws=support&ws=support#tab4

Outside North America:
    http://support.microsoft.com/contactus/?ws=support#tab0

Sorry I couldn't be more help,

Darin MS
    Monday, March 14, 2011 11:06 PM