Job Template Activation Filter RRS feed

• Question

• I am getting this error on the head node when an activation filter is set in a Job Template:

System.ArgumentNullException: Unable to find IActivationFilter implementation in: C:\Program Files\Microsoft HPC Pack 2008 R2\Data\Filters\MyFilter\MyFilter.dll Parameter name: ActivationFilter at Microsoft.Hpc.Scheduler.PolicyEngine.SchedulerStrategy.AddInFilter(FilterChainLink filterLink, Int32 timeOut, SchedulerJobInternal job, ActivationFilterArgs actArgs)

Any help greatly appreciated.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 7:40 PM

All replies

• Can you confirm that this error occurs when you try to save the template changes?

And that you are attempting to add "MyFilter.dll" to the ActivationFilters template property?

The error means that the .dll specified does not have a single public class that implements IActivationFilter.     A .dll cannot be an activation filter if it does not implement IActivationFilter.

Can you post the basics of your .dll so we can review your activation filter class?  Did you start from one of the samples?

daryl

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 1:00 AM
  • I decided to try this again all new. I tried using one of the samples from the SDK and here is the error I get trying to add the filter to the template.
    Thursday, November 3, 2011 6:12 PM
  • It looks like the image is bad and needs to be recompiled/copied.

Did you by any chance change the targeted platform of the sample?   .Net 3.5 is the correct version to target.

Do _any_ .dll filters work on this HN?

d

Thursday, November 3, 2011 9:19 PM
  • The targeted platform is .Net 3.5, if it isn't you get a message saying that when you try to add the filter. And no, no .dll filters have worked to date.
    Friday, November 4, 2011 1:02 PM
  • Ahh. Target "framework" is 3.5 and target "platform" is not Itanium correct (any_cpu, x86 and x64 is fine)?
    Friday, November 4, 2011 8:26 PM
  • Correct "Platform target" is "Any CPU"
    Monday, November 7, 2011 3:48 PM