Validation of software RRS feed

• Question

• I purchased 20 copies of Windows XP Professional from various sources on eBay. All came with printed booklets, COA and hologrammed disks. When I installed the first one, it stated it was not genuine. So I prepared a list of all 20 keys and sent it off to the Microsoft Validation team and asked for confirmation of the validity of all the keys. I did this with the idea of getting my money back from suppliers. They thanked me for the submission but said they would not confirm or deny the validity of any of the listed keys.

If you want to improve this sytem (that is what this forum is for, right), provide some way to check keys for validity.
    • Moved by Carey FrischMVP, Editor Saturday, November 21, 2009 3:47 PM Moved to relevant category (From:Feedback and Comments)
    Saturday, November 21, 2009 10:42 AM

Answers

• Hello figmentKLM,

"I purchased 20 copies of Windows XP Professional from various sources on eBay."

Dude, there ain't a lot of Genuine software on eBay.

Buying from a reputable supplier such as a Microsoft distributor would be a better idea, IMHO.
    For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Monday, November 23, 2009 9:59 PM
    Saturday, November 21, 2009 7:40 PM