Where is the forum for asking links to file format specifications? RRS feed

• Question

• I am searching for a file format specification, but I can't find it anywhere (for .pdb files). Where should I ask for this?

Thank you in advance.
    Wednesday, January 6, 2010 5:43 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello ,

Thank you for your post!  Unfortunately I am not able to determine which forum or newsgroup is best suited for your question at hand.  Can you provide us a little more detail in regards to the operating system you are currently using and some additional details so that we can guide you to the appropriate forum.

Thank you, Vijay Rao Tier 2 Application Support Server and Tools Online Operations Team
    Thursday, January 7, 2010 5:23 AM
  • I am searching for the file format specification for "Program database (.pdb)" file type generated by Visual Studio compilers. Therefore it's not specific to any particular Windows version. My objective is to write a light-weight crash reporting tool that can load .pdb files and extract line numbers, function, argument and variable names from the file. To do that, I need the specification of the .pdb file format.
    Thursday, January 7, 2010 6:14 AM
  • Hello,

Thank you for the reply.  I would suggest posting your question in one of the Discussions in microsoft.public.vstudio.general located here:

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.vstudio.general&cat=en_us_8327be39-5fb2-4f1c-9b45-48caa63d8525&lang=en&cr=us

Hope this helps you.

Have a great day!

Thank you, Vijay Rao Tier 2 Application Support Server and Tools Online Operations Team
    Thursday, January 7, 2010 6:26 AM
  • I suggest you to visit http://msdn.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windbg&lang=en&cr=US.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Thursday, January 7, 2010 10:25 PM