Mic not working RRS feed

• Question

• Ive been playing steam for about two years every thing worked fine till two weeks ago my mic stoped working on steam i reinstalled steam updated my drivers and got a new sound card still nothing.When i go on steam to settings its saying"No recording divices detected"went thru steam support tryed everything they dont know how to fix it why would it work then just stop?I have vista worked great on xp never a problem
    Friday, June 19, 2009 8:05 PM

All replies

• Ive been playing steam for about two years every thing worked fine till two weeks ago my mic stoped working on steam i reinstalled steam updated my drivers and got a new sound card still nothing.When i go on steam to settings its saying"No recording divices detected"went thru steam support tryed everything they dont know how to fix it why would it work then just stop?I have vista worked great on xp never a problem

If it was working and then it just stopped for no apparent reason, then there is a decent chance that it is a hardware problem. My first guess would be that it is the mic it's self. My second guess would be that it is the sound card, or the port where the mic plugs into the sound card maybe? I would try plugging in a different mic, or using the mic in a different computer, and see what happens.
    __________________________________________  Favorite Quote: "Love your neighbors as you love yourself"
    airsoft sniper rifles - the best hobby
    Saturday, June 27, 2009 4:50 AM