Inserts being generated instead of updates RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a relatively simple sync framework 2.1, SQL CE <> SQL Server 2008 setup going.  I'm able to initialize my local database via download only just fine.  However, after I make a change to the local db and do a subsequent bi-drectional sync I'm seeing that an insert is being generated rather than an update via the tracing facility in the sync framework.

If I do updates or inserts to the server side database I receive those updates without issue.  It's only updates to the client database that are causing inserts instead of updates to be generated.

Any thoughts or ideas as to what would cause this to occur?  I'm happy to upload / post / email my sync trace log if it would help to diagnose.

Thanks,

Steve E.

Thursday, October 14, 2010 8:53 PM

All replies

• which providers are you using?
    Friday, October 15, 2010 2:00 AM
  • Local Provider - SqlCeClientSyncProvider

Remote Provider - DbServerSyncProvider

Did some further testing and local inserts are flowing up to the remote database properly.  When doing an update locally an insert is being generated for the remote database.

Steve E.

Friday, October 15, 2010 2:11 PM
  • Can you post the trace? On the remote database, is it actually insert that is happening or just trace log message says it's an insert?

Thanks,

Patrick

Friday, October 15, 2010 6:54 PM
  • Hi Patrick,

I don't see any way to attach a file in these forums.  Would you like me to simply copy / paste my entire sync trace output into a message here?

Also, I've been testing local deletes and see that they, too, are generating insert commands to be executed on the server side.

Steve E.

Monday, October 18, 2010 1:51 PM
  • Can you paste the relevant trace part to this post? so, just to clarify, is the problem just the trace message or the commands being executed on server side are wrong?

Thanks,

Patrick

Monday, October 18, 2010 6:29 PM