none
External HDD formatting help on Windows 10

Question

• I have a 500GB Western Digital external hard drive that I came to find out had been deleted some time (few years) ago. I now would like to use it again and I can get all the way to disk nagement but cannot format or initialize it.  Please, any help would be a great help.

Thank you,

Chris-N-Andie

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 10:20 PM

Answers

• Well, first of all you posted the question at the Training and Certification forum, which is completely unrelated to the subject of your question. But when you repost it at an adequate forum, you should make sure that the question is "answerable". In its current form it doesn't provide sufficient information. As a rule, whenever you post a question, don't say that you "cannot do something" or that "something doesn't work". You need to provide a detailed explanation about which is the way in which it doesn't work. Write what are the steps that you took, what you are seeing on screen, what are the actions that you performed, what where the results of those actions (such as "I get an error message that says..." and then copy the detailed and complete error message), and so on. In this way, whoever is reading your question will have an adequate idea of what is happening and will be able to help you.

Suggested location for posting this kind of questions: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows

Thursday, February 11, 2016 2:28 PM